Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me elk hunt outfitter/state recommendations !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
    We won’t be after 3x4’s

They had 100% opportunity on 250” and better bulls. All 5x5 or better

Montana has increased odds now if you enter the draw through an outfitter.

Last year they gave all outfitters tags for all hunters who didn’t draw. And this next year they’ll be giving everyone an extra point if you enter through an outfitter

The tag is good for a cow too, if we are unsuccessful on a bull. But again, I like my odds based on this outfitters past success rates. And again.. it’s over 40k acres of private land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck to you. I’ve loved every second of my time in Montana. Kill what makes you happy, and don’t pass up what you would be thrilled with on the last day. Seeing big elk and killing them are a completely different animal. Not that you can’t kill big ones, but just because you see them in the spotter doesn’t mean you will get a shot at them during your hunt. I’ve missed out on a few opportunities because I saw a giant in the spotter early on in the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
      Best of luck to you. I’ve loved every second of my time in Montana. Kill what makes you happy, and don’t pass up what you would be thrilled with on the last day. Seeing big elk and killing them are a completely different animal. Not that you can’t kill big ones, but just because you see them in the spotter doesn’t mean you will get a shot at them during your hunt. I’ve missed out on a few opportunities because I saw a giant in the spotter early on in the hunt.

Truth. Passed up two 5x5s a cpl yrs ago, one opening morning at 50 yards screaming at me, he was with a much bigger growler we could barely see in the trees. Passed another 5x5 cpl days later chasing the growler as well. Was inside 100 4 times on the big one but could never close. Growler was just gone one day, chased a 6x6 all morning of my final day but never closed. Those 5x5s were looking real good on the way home in my nap dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        Pretty sure you still have to draw tags in NM for public land. Going through an outfitter helps but odds still aren’t good. Landowner tags can be bought but they aren’t cheap.
        Depending on the unit, some affordable tags out there.

Ranch only tags is an other option

Comment

After much persistence… found a guide with a great reputation on private land in Montana. That has availability for 3-4 hunters in 2022 because he had a group cancel the day before I called. Just got lucky on the timing.

100% opportunity this past season, with only one guy not taking a bull home (missed twice)

Got it booked, and we shall see how it turns out!

So what is the outfitter did you go with?

Would like to add it to the list:

Broadmouth Caynyon in Utah and Idaho
          Trophy Elk Hunting at it's Finest. Guaranteed Elk Hunts in Utah and Idaho. Also Offering Mule Deer Hunts, Archery Elk Hunts and Buffalo Hunts on the West's Finest Wilderness Hunting Preserves.

Livingston Outfitters in Wyoming
          Livingston Outfitting offers guided hunts and horseback pack trips for your friends and family in the beautiful Wyoming wilderness.

Bear Mountain Outfitters in Colorado
          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Silver Spur Outfitters in Colorado
          Silver Spur Outfitters offers the best fair chase hunting Colorado for trophy elk, mule deer, turkey, bear & mountain lion.

Horned fork outfitter in Colorado

Ranching For Wildlife ranches in Colorado
          Colorado Parks and Wildlife is a nationally recognized leader in conservation, outdoor recreation and wildlife management. The agency​ manages 42 state parks, all of Colorado's wildlife, more than 300 state wildlife areas and a host of recreational programs. CPW issues hunting and fishing licenses, conducts research to improve wildlife management activities, protects high priority wildlife habitat through acquisitions and partnerships, provides technical assistance to private and other public landowners concerning wildlife and habitat management and develops programs to understand, protect and recover threatened and endangered species.

Broken Arrow outfitters in New Mexico
          Whether it's your first hunt or you've been hunting for years, we're here to make it a success and comfortable for anyone!

New Mexico Elk Hunting Guides in New Mexico
          Last edited by hopedale; 01-15-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I’ll add Upper Canton Outfitters ‘near’ me in SW Montana- the Upper Ruby area.

BEAUTIFUL. RUSTIC. UNFORGETTABLE. Upper Canyon Outfitters is a family-owned and operated ranch in Montana’s wild and beautiful Ruby Valley along the banks of the Ruby River. Surrounded by the ranges of the Snowcrest, Greenhorn, and Gravelly Mountains, our family has been exploring these lands since our grandfather homesteaded here in 1910. Since 1981, we’ve been […]

Comment

Good info. I’ve done public land in Rifle Co and done well. They weren’t trophies but it was a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                So what is the outfitter did you go with?

Would like to add it to the list:

Upper Canton Outfitters in Montana
                BEAUTIFUL. RUSTIC. UNFORGETTABLE. Upper Canyon Outfitters is a family-owned and operated ranch in Montana’s wild and beautiful Ruby Valley along the banks of the Ruby River. Surrounded by the ranges of the Snowcrest, Greenhorn, and Gravelly Mountains, our family has been exploring these lands since our grandfather homesteaded here in 1910. Since 1981, we’ve been […]

Broadmouth Caynyon in Utah and Idaho
                Trophy Elk Hunting at it's Finest. Guaranteed Elk Hunts in Utah and Idaho. Also Offering Mule Deer Hunts, Archery Elk Hunts and Buffalo Hunts on the West's Finest Wilderness Hunting Preserves.

Livingston Outfitters in Wyoming
                Livingston Outfitting offers guided hunts and horseback pack trips for your friends and family in the beautiful Wyoming wilderness.

Bear Mountain Outfitters in Colorado
                Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Silver Spur Outfitters in Colorado
                Silver Spur Outfitters offers the best fair chase hunting Colorado for trophy elk, mule deer, turkey, bear & mountain lion.

Horned fork outfitter in Colorado

Ranching For Wildlife ranches in Colorado
                Colorado Parks and Wildlife is a nationally recognized leader in conservation, outdoor recreation and wildlife management. The agency​ manages 42 state parks, all of Colorado's wildlife, more than 300 state wildlife areas and a host of recreational programs. CPW issues hunting and fishing licenses, conducts research to improve wildlife management activities, protects high priority wildlife habitat through acquisitions and partnerships, provides technical assistance to private and other public landowners concerning wildlife and habitat management and develops programs to understand, protect and recover threatened and endangered species.

Broken Arrow outfitters in New Mexico
                Whether it's your first hunt or you've been hunting for years, we're here to make it a success and comfortable for anyone!

New Mexico Elk Hunting Guides in New Mexico
                http://newmexicoelkhuntingguides.com/

plus Montana outfitter

Comment

These are the guys we’re going with

Comment

Good luck! Where’s the 40k acre ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Good luck! Where’s the 40k acre ranch?

It’s in the Bozeman area. Several ranches make up the 44,000 acres they have leased.

Comment

It’s in the Bozeman area. Several ranches make up the 44,000 acres they have leased.

How did the hunt go? Looking into it same as you were last year. I hope you had a great time.

Comment

Working...
                        X