Beef Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Tenderloin

What is y’all’s favorite way? Grill? Smoke? Reverse sear? Any recipes appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reverse sear all the way!

Comment

Sous vide 100%!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Sous vide 100%!
        bingo.

I sous vide more than i grill anymore.

Comment

Dry brining overnight in the fridge makes a big difference - highly recommend. I smoke on the kamado at 250 with apple wood then crank it up to 500* and sear on all sides.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Dry brining overnight in the fridge makes a big difference - highly recommend. I smoke on the kamado at 250 with apple wood then crank it up to 500* and sear on all sides.

What do you use for dry brine?

Comment

Originally posted by hunterdrake View Post
              What do you use for dry brine?

I just rub it down with kosher salt then put it on a rack in a pan uncovered in the fridge overnight

Comment

Hot cast iron, finish under broiler

Comment

Seared

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                    bingo.

I sous vide more than i grill anymore.

Can’t agree more. Sous vide has been a game changer. And money changer. I can grab a pork loin or sirloin and make it turn out to be one of my favorite meals. As good as a ribeye at a fraction of the price.

I still use the grill to sear or finish. My wife likes them more “cooked” than me. I can sous vide chicken breast or steaks at the same temp and throw hers on the grill a minute or two before mine. We’ve all been happy.

Comment

Beef Tenderloin

Screaming hot cast iron skillet on my pellet smoker. 3 minutes per side, pull, tent with foil and rest for 10 min.

I don’t get the sous vide hype. I tried a steak cooked like that and was severely underwhelmed. Had almost no flavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        Screaming hot cast iron skillet on my pellet smoker. 3 minutes per side, pull, tent with foil and rest for 10 min.

I don’t get the sous vide hype. I tried a steak cooked like that and was severely underwhelmed. Had almost no flavor.

This is the only way to cook one in my opinion

Comment

One of the big mistakes in sous vide is trying to marinate or season the meat inside the bag with wet ingredients. This will draw out the moisture of the meat and it will most definitely be flavorless.

Good old fashioned SPG with a sprig of thyme or rosemary. 135° for 2 hours. Pull, pat dry (very important), sear in cast iron while basting with butter and garlic..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks perfecto

Comment

I tried the reverse sear method this past weekend....I was extremely impressed! If it's a thick steak, I'll do reverse sear every time now. If it's a thinner cut, I'll do it on the grill.

Comment

Working...
                              X