7.62X39 Bolt Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.62X39 Bolt Gun

Looking to see if anyone is shooting a 7.62X39 bolt gun? Getting interested in buying one. I have seen the American, Howa CZ-527 and the mini-mauser. Probably going to dump my AR in 7.62X39 to buy the bolt gun. Anybody have a recommendation one way or another? Just interested to hear someone else's input.

I’m in for the ride.. idk why but that 7.62x39 does something to me.. I’d like to see what you end up with!

Comment

I don’t have any experience with the 527 in 7.62 as mine is 223 but I’ll tell you I absolutely love that gun. It’s always been a reliable shooter and the set trigger is sweet. I’m sure the Gowan’s are nice, I know a lot of people like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally a question I’m an expert on.
        CZ is the nicest. Ruger America has the best mags. Howa is the most accurate. Ruger M77 is the most expensive and sought after. Norinco made one don’t own one hard to find. Remington imported one on a mini Mauser 799 I think have not seen one in a while. Savage made a scout cool but hard to find. You can build a scout in a Ruger America and have much better gun. And FN listed one but as far as I know sadly they don’t exist.

Depends what you want. You want a better scout type gun the Ruger American. Want accurate with a few modification option the howa. Want to make a 30-30 pointless the CZ carbine.

Which ar 7.62x39 do you have now?
        Last edited by snipermedic; 08-07-2020, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I've wanted one of the Howas for awhile now. They make one that is pretty light. I'd like to put like a 30mm 1-4x or 1-6x illuminated reticle scope on one of those.

Comment

Been slow playing it and came across a Ruger Ranch today in Waco. Can't wait to plink for cheap with it.

Comment

Got a Ruger American in 7.62x39 but unfortunately haven’t had time to get a scope mounted or to the range with it yet.

Buddy has one that is set up for his kids to shoot deer and pigs with. Those kids stack them up every year.

Comment

Get a 300blk if you can’t find a 7.62x39 same thing basically.

Comment

I have a friend with the CZ. It is a beautiful, handy, accurate gun. I'd have one if I didn't already have a couple of good bolt actions.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    Get a 300blk if you can’t find a 7.62x39 same thing basically.
                    Other than being able to find soft point ammo for less than 50 cents a round. Decently priced 300blk ammo is virtually impossible to find right now

Comment

I have 3 bolts in 7.62x39
                      The cz
                      The ruger
                      And the Howa.
                      I like the howa the most.
                      The Cz is really nice but its too pretty, almost feel bad taking it out.
                      I was considering selling it but they dont make anymore
                      and hate to let go of guns that are out of production

Comment

i picked up a howa at cabelas with scope for $499 about a year and a half ago .. detachable mag is nice , however latch location is terrible .. it's easy to bump it and drop the mag as it sit in front. a simple spring swap and you have a really nice crisp trigger.

the plan was a cheap pig gun using cheap ammo without having to reload .
                        well , thanks Joe , no more cheap ammo .. well , i'm good for a few hundred pigs anyways.

it shoots the 124's the best , got some 158 sp but mine at least didn't group that well .

i had a cz before but it wasn't threaded and not easy to thread so i sold it .. set trigger was nice on it..

here the video on it [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtT6onX8Mc8&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]Hog hunt recorded via thermal monocular AGM Taipan - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                        X