Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out in Concho county Thursday/Sunday. Saw tons of deer, and the amount of fawns is like nothin I've ever seen out there. That being said, I only saw 5 deer with hard horns. That is VERY uncommon out there. We've got a ton of young bucks, and the bucks I saw just popped in for a couple minutes and went back to cruzing around. I'm assuming that they're still wrapping up breeding the last few does. Of the 5 of us hunting, we saw one buck that was 4.5+. Weird trip, but fun none the less!.. We did have them put up 1,000 acres of solar fields next door to our place, so I think that may have shook things up for us this year.

Comment

In eastern Coke Co seeing a lot of fawns and a few younger bucks. Mature doe seems to be few and far between. Lockdown maybe???

Comment

We went out for the final weekend, after my parents had been there a couple of days. Dad killed a doe and a 3 yo 8 pt… hard for the son to teach the dad to lay off the young ones. Then my son Jon connected with this one with his new AR. 5+ yo 9 pt, 10” longest G2, 14” inside spread. I killed a doe this morning. Good end to a good season, and good start to a new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
          We went out for the final weekend, after my parents had been there a couple of days. Dad killed a doe and a 3 yo 8 pt… hard for the son to teach the dad to lay off the young ones. Then my son Jon connected with this one with his new AR. 5+ yo 9 pt, 10” longest G2, 14” inside spread. I killed a doe this morning. Good end to a good season, and good start to a new year.

Good way to close out the season. Congrats to you all.

Comment

Congratulations men!! You closed out the season well.

Comment

Congrats to all!

Comment

My middle daughter Tatum got her first bow kill today. We were also trying to get a bucks but it wasn’t meant to be. She had t wanted to hunt the last 2-3yrs and had never wanted to bow hunt then something clicked this yr and she was determined to start hunting again and to get a deer with her bow. Proud dad moment and so happy she decided to start hunting again.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats again to Tatum on the first bow kill. Happy for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post

Knarly looking buck man, congrats to y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      My middle daughter Tatum got her first bow kill today. We were also trying to get a bucks but it wasn’t meant to be. She had t wanted to hunt the last 2-3yrs and had never wanted to bow hunt then something clicked this yr and she was determined to start hunting again and to get a deer with her bow. Proud dad moment and so happy she decided to start hunting again.

Man, that is awesome. I love to hunt with my daughters too.

Comment

Way to go Tatum! Congratulations on your first deer with a bow!
                        Nothing better than hunting with you kids!

Comment

Congrats to Tatum on her doe, nice work young lady!!

Comment

Ended the season on a very good note. Killed this buck 12-29-21 off my Christoval lease grounds. Wished I could have gotten him killed before he got so run down. Added a picture of him from November for reference.

Once I added 3 additional does it was time to get back and start processing.

Hope all had a great Holiday season.

God Bless.

Rwc
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              Congratulations to Tatum!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                                Ended the season on a very good note. Killed this buck 12-29-21 off my Christoval lease grounds. Wished I could have gotten him killed before he got so run down. Added a picture of him from November for reference.

Once I added 3 additional does it was time to get back and start processing.

Hope all had a great Holiday season.

God Bless.

Rwc
                                Congratulations on a fine finish! That's a good looking buck.
                                Now the work begins.

Comment

Working...
                                X