Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the front wheel is trashed.

Comment

Polaris. If it was lost on purpose is it still considered lost?

Comment

Seeing the way some are tied down, I’m really surprised it doesn’t happen way more often.
        I’ve never understood how someone considers it good enough to strap them across the seat.

Comment

I will take it if no one wants it [emoji16]

Comment

A couple of years ago I was heading to my lease at San Augustine. I used to secure my Ranger with one of those three strap thingys...the end of one strap attached to the hitch on my Ranger and the other two hooked to each side of the back of my trailer. I had just turned off one paved road onto the one that takes me into San Augustine (for those familiar I turned off 103E onto 147) and happened to look in my rear view mirror and saw my Ranger starting to roll back towards the end of the trailer. I started braking and my Ranger rolled off the back of the trailer but by then I had slowed down enough that it bumped up against the end of the trailer as I stopped- luckily no traffic behind me. I got out and checked out my Ranger- everything looked good so I got out the ramps and loaded it back onto the trailer. The back and forth motion of the Ranger on the trailer had frayed the strapped until it separated. From now on I use a chain to secure it to the trailer.

Comment

LEO can run the VIN and find out who it is registered to.

Comment

Lost my buddies 4 wheeler out of the back of my truck one night. I told him to wrap the straps over the axel. He went behind the back tires instead. Shoulda seen his face when we pulled up to where we were gonna hog hunt that night. He thought I was joking when I poked my head in the truck and said his 4 wheeler was gone. Lol. Luckily we found it 6 miles back sitting perfectly in the middle of a dirt road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last summer we were heading out for our rv trip to Utah. Right as we got through Houston a trailer carrying 3 of those passes us. About 50 yards later the one on the back falls off and stays directly in our lane. Not 100% sure how we missed it but I did learn just strong the pucker factor could be. Not a good time while towing a 26' rv. Never did catch up to the guy and never saw him pull over or exit.

Comment

The thief probably didn’t want to have to pay income taxes on his stolen property and dumped it after his/her joy ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ey View Post
                      Yeah that was my first thought as well. The fella that posted it did mention that it had a busted winch and had appeared to have rolled off a trailer. I wouldn’t rule out theft though. If I’m hauling mine I’m definitely not relying on just a winch to tie it down.

Definitely don’t rely on just the winch, the teeth are tiny that lock that gear in.

I learned my lesson losing my buddies 70qt Pelican that some how bounced off the trailer, tie and strap everything and don’t be in such a hurry that you don’t.

Comment

If it's getting towed behind a 5er I could see how they never saw it. Of even a pickup bed camper.

Comment

Ouch! Hope the insurance was paid up!

Comment

Staged

Comment

He forgot to flick the strap and say “That’s not going anywhere”

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                                Definitely don’t rely on just the winch, the teeth are tiny that lock that gear in.

I learned my lesson losing my buddies 70qt Pelican that some how bounced off the trailer, tie and strap everything and don’t be in such a hurry that you don’t.

Yep. Chains and boomers are the only way I go now. I’ve had several of the heavy 2” straps rubbed dang near to point of breaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X