Indian heritage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
    Exactly, my wife was told all her life that her grandmother was half Indian. When her DNA results came in for my wife, not a single bit of Indian blood
    That’s what happens the majority of the time. My dad was told the same thing about his grandmother. We both did DNA. Both 90% German and 10% Scottish. My wife and kids are fortunate that their ancestors kept excellent records of their bloodline. They get in to all national parks for free with their tribal ID. Saved a bunch at Yellowstone😁. Glad she hasn’t tried to scalp me in my sleep.

Comment

^^^ "You can identify as a grapefruit if you want." ^^^

Seriously, this has me thinking. If a biological male can choose to identify as a female and compete in women's athletics, what is to say in the future someone doesn't choose to identify as a member of a different race/ethnicity and be allowed the same benefits of that particular racial/ethnicity group since the groundwork has already been laid with non biological gender identity. Think Rachel Dolezal. I assume right now that if a biological male identifies as a woman, he can apply for woman owned business contracts and other benefits. The next domino to fall will be racial/ethnic identity. As a nation we are on a slippery slope.
      Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 12-30-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I would rather identify as a member of the Briscoe family so I could hunt all their south Texas country.😁

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
          ^^^ "You can identify as a grapefruit if you want." ^^^

Seriously, this has me thinking. If a biological male can choose to identify as a female and compete in women's athletics, what is to say in the future someone doesn't choose to identify as a member of a different race/ethnicity and be allowed the same benefits of that particular racial/ethnicity group since the groundwork has already been laid with non biological gender identity. Think Rachel Dolezal. I assume right now that if a biological male identifies as a woman, he can apply for woman owned business contracts and other benefits. The next domino to fall will be racial/ethnic identity. As a nation we are on a slippery slope.

Hey, it works for this moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If i had a dollar for everyone who claims their great grandmother or great grandfather was full blooded indian.....

We were told that as well. Supposedly my Great Grandmother or Great Great Grandmother was full blooded and lived on the reservation in Oklahoma. I guess one day I'll try and find out, I'm much more interested in learning about my full blooded German Grandmothers family, or my full blooded Grandfathers Czech family.

Comment

Ancestry.com. Spit in a tube and send it out.

Comment

I’m bitterly disappointed now that I see errrybody has a great grand parent that was full blood Indian. I though I was the only one………..

Comment

Nationality is not blood. Lol. Those sites are a crock of ****.

My last name has native American roots. Great grandmother is on the Dawes roll. 100% creek. I have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Nationality is not blood. Lol. Those sites are a crock of ****.

My last name has native American roots. Great grandmother is on the Dawes roll. 100% creek. I have blonde hair and blue eyes.

So if Great Granny was 100% Creek, then that would make you about 1/8th creek by my calculations, correct?

What about the other 7/8ths?

Comment

My Grandpa Lived on the Reservation
                      In Oklahoma as a child.. My mom is
                      A Hippie that loves Turquoise..
                      I believe you would be blood enough
                      For today's standards..

Comment

I’d start with the paperwork required to be considered a minority owned business.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                          So if Great Granny was 100% Creek, then that would make you about 1/8th creek by my calculations, correct?

What about the other 7/8ths?
                          Not German or Swedish. Those are nationalities. Lol.

I'm going with white honkey.

Comment

There is Annie.

Mantooth was originally Montieth. Irish.

Comment

Everybody thinks they are Indian.

Comment

You might find out your from the slapahoe tribe. My mom always said her grandmother was full blood Indian but my niece did the Dna ancestry thing and it showed no Indian.

Comment

Working...
                                X