Got fired today-Unemployment update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got fired today-Unemployment update

Looks like the original thread got the ax.

I filed for UE just after being fired for declining to be vaccinated in early October.

About a month later received a notice from TWC saying UE was denied, because I had been fired.

I appealed, mostly just to get on the record as objecting to the determination.

Another month later an appeal hearing was held. The initial determination was reversed and my former employer was charged,

The precedent cited by TWC was a 1986 case in which an employee was fired for not submitting to a polygraph as a condition of employment that was put in place after the individual had already been hired.

It's not at all about the money. I have moved on and am doing just fine, but it's nice to put one in the "W" column.
    Last edited by TXJon; 12-17-2021, 06:59 AM. Reason: add info

Was this for not taking the current mandate ?

Comment

Originally posted by TXJon View Post
      Looks like the original thread got the ax.

I filed for UE just after being fired for declining to be vaccinated in early October.

About a month later received a notice from TWC saying UE was denied, because I had been fired.

I appealed, mostly just to get on the record as objecting to the determination.

Another month later an appeal hearing was held. The initial determination was reversed and my former employer was charged,

The precedent cited by TWC was a 1986 case in which an employee was fired for not submitting to a polygraph as a condition of employment that was put in place after the individual had already been hired.

It's not at all about the money. I have moved on and am doing just fine, but it's nice to put one in the "W" column.
      Awesome!
      Good on you for taking a stand
      We need more men with your resolve.

Comment

Good for you sir!

Comment

That makes it worth it. Hopefully your former company will end up having to pay all of the wrongfully terminated employees a large amount of money for disrupting their life over this nonsense. All in the name of "Safety".

Comment

Stand your ground or dig a hole and get in it. I pray that you are rewarded for your convictions sir.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              That makes it worth it. Hopefully your former company will end up having to pay all of the wrongfully terminated employees a large amount of money for disrupting their life over this nonsense. All in the name of "Safety".
              I don't see how they will be forced to pay any large amounts. Only through lawsuits. But how many unemployed will sue?

Comment

Good for you.

Being “mandated” doesn’t go over very well with me either.

Comment

Glad they ruled in your favor

I would think with things Abbott has done that this would be a slam dunk anyway

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    I don't see how they will be forced to pay any large amounts. Only through lawsuits. But how many unemployed will sue?
                    Then you don't understand unemployment charges. The OP didn't sue, he only appealed through the normal TWC process. And, when hit with unemployment, the employer has to pay penalties and higher unemployment insurance for a very long time, even after the beneficiary obtains a new job and does not receive benefits any longer. Firing someone without justifiable cause in Texas can cost the employer a lot of money.

Comment

We need more like you

Sue their ***!

About a year after graduation I lost part of my thumb on the job due to faulty safety equipment and it never once crossed my mind to sue the company(and man I could have had some fun with that kinda cash at that age[emoji28])
                      but you take food off my table…we gonna fight

Comment

I hope world of this gets out all over the state. Hopefully put a end to some of the stupidity. Glad you won.

Comment

Good!

Comment

Good for you bud.

Comment

I see future lawsuits in my crystal ball!

Comment

Working...
                              X