militia formed - thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

militia formed - thoughts?

Structure CMS™ provides enterprise level power for users with entry level skills. Our best of breed CMS has a simple, highly intuitive suite of tools that gives you complete command of your web properties.

I have no idea if this is even a legit news source but if it is where is his headed?

Love it. It's their Constitutional right (2nd Am.), and how the Constitution protects itself.

Comment

new laws from my understanding makes forming a militia or being in one a felony

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          new laws from my understanding makes forming a militia or being in one a felony
          It wouldn't surprise me if such a law has been passed. However, that law would stand in direct contradiction to the 2nd Amendment, which states that a militia is necessary for a free state to exist. This would seemingly make a law banning any formations of militias unconstitutional. And is in itself an example of why the Constitution saw militias as necessary. To stop people from overturning rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
            It wouldn't surprise me if such a law has been passed. However, that law would stand in direct contradiction to the 2nd Amendment, which states that a militia is necessary for a free state to exist. This would seemingly make a law banning any formations of militias unconstitutional. And is in itself an example of why the Constitution saw militias as necessary. To stop people from overturning rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

What kind of militia?

Comment

Ugh. Militias were needed when our country and government was being formed. There was no "military" to defend us.

I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                Ugh. Militias were needed when our country and government was being formed. There was no "military" to defend us.

I'll leave it at that.
                Continental Army was formed in 1775. USA was created 1776.

Comment

It sounds like a big mess after reading it. If there are local laws passed that are in direct opposition to the Constitution then challenge those laws in court.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post

I'll leave it at that.
                    Good to now what side your on

Comment

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        It sounds like a big mess after reading it. If there are local laws passed that are in direct opposition to the Constitution then challenge those laws in court.
                        I'm positive that will happen.

But if the state told you to turn in your guns, are you going to wait until the courts determine that to be unconstitutional?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          That should certainly always be the first course of action. But we have been seeing corrupt judges rule in favor of liberal policies instead of following Constitutional law. What then?

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                            I'm positive that will happen.

But if the state told you to turn in your guns, are you going to wait until the courts determine that to be unconstitutional?
                            Have to be kidding me ...

Comment

Ok here goes. I work around a fellow from Indiana. Militias are strong up North, to the point they are prepping for a possible civil dispute with the government. Is he blowing smoke? I don't know, guy seemed pretty passionate about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X