No announcement yet.

Who eats wild boar hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never had any bad hog meat. I ate both boar and sow.

Comment

pigs

Originally posted by esoct25 View Post
      I absolutely love wild female hog meat. Haven't kept a boar yet. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
      My buddy and I kill a ton of pigs and I like it better than Venison now!!! We kill a ton so we only clean the sows

Comment

I haven't bothered to clean one in a long time but I might this year.

Comment

They’re lucky to get drug out of the field around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
            Had a butcher tell me to lay a piece of the belly meat on my tailpipe and let it heat up. If it smells like bacon load him up and go. If it smells like a burning ****, leave it to the buzzards. So far, it’s held pretty true.
            So, you have tried it several times?? You just take a little piece of the belly fajita & toss it on the tailpipe?? Guessing you can tell good or bad rather quickly??

I normally only keep the little / good eat'n size where 1/2 a pig fits on a decent size grill...I am going to keep any bigger ones we catch this year & will likely grind it. In the past, I normally just used the sniff test & if the back straps passed that's normally all I would keep. Some of those big boar's meat just doesn't smell right sometimes & seems like all the big sows haven't had this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
              My deal is I hate having to handle the filthy stinking things. In my younger days I killed the hell out of them and ate them all. I am not that hungry anymore I guess. These days its gut shoot and let run off.
              as i hunter i'll never understand why anyone would purposely shoot an animal in the gut, much less advertise it. Every animal deserves to die in an ethical manner, even a pig.

Comment

Not me! I am in Central La and they are plentiful. We kill hogs during deer season, shoot them at night during the summer and trap them year long. Plenty of pork to go around so I am not fooling with those stinking suckers......especially the big ones. When you can smell him before you walk up on him it is no Bueno! I give those away. Most of the time if we leave them laying the coyotes and the buzzards wont touch them.

Comment

Under 100 pounds, clean them quick, get on ice, and have a friend on speed dial who will take them!

Over that, not so much.

Comment

Artos, you can pick up on the smell in no time. Yes, I’ve tried it s few times now just to see if it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      as i hunter i'll never understand why anyone would purposely shoot an animal in the gut, much less advertise it. Every animal deserves to die in an ethical manner, even a pig.

Not to mention the fact that he just admitted in writing to the commission of a felony... That's genuine cruelty to animals and all it will take is for one of those bunny huggers perusing these hunting sites for who they might attach and BOOM... Big trouble!!

Comment

I prefer hog over WT deer personally. The only hogs I won’t eat are the ones that still stink after skinning. I have had 200# boars have zero odor and taste great, but have also had sows smell horrible and taste like ***.

I don’t necessarily have a size limit on what I eat, more of a smell test.

Comment

I have killed a whole lot of them and tried eating a few. Never enjoyed the meat. Now I just drag them off. Just pests to me.

Comment

Who eats wild boar hogs?

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191029/0914eddddd378cbfe40ed86f28d2b3c6.png[/IMG
                            I’ve killed and ate so many I couldn’t tell you. They have always turn out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buzzards do

Comment

Why eat an old buck when a first year doe is better and plentiful...

Same with hogs

Comment

Working...
                                X