BBD - South Texas - Ashley Memorial Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBD - South Texas - Ashley Memorial Hunt

Well, I'm back from my 3rd annual hunt down south in Dimmit County. (Thanks TBH). I was lucky enough to score for the third year in a row. I'm pretty sure the luck comes from a little help from above.

I got there Sunday afternoon and as expected, this deer didn't show up on the first sit. I was told he was a morning kinda guy and that was true. Monday morning was cool and very foggy with a slight SW wind. I was dropped off and situated by 6:00 am. By 6:15 I could see shadows that I knew weren't my usual target...pigs! It's now 6:30, the feeder had gone off and I could see fairly well thru binos. There were a few deer and all seemed ginormous in body size. Finally one of them put his head up and outta the corn. It was him. No doubt about it. I had a very good description and he was a match.

I took my time and was basically stalling for more light and a little less fog. The light I got. The fog didn't cooperate but he was close enough it didn't matter. After 30 minutes of deer in the way, him turning or moving etc, I had drawn on him 4 times and moved the camera about as many. Lol! If my fearless guide (Kevin) had been with me, he'd have been a nervous wreck. Finally, all the stars aligned and the Halon had spoken.

I texted Kevin and said I thought I'd smoked him. The buck fever set in at that moment and the shakes began. I had to stand up just to catch my breath. I hope that feeling never goes away. Anyway, when Kevin pulled up in the truck he said he'd almost run over the deer laying in the road about 60 yards west of the stand. Woohoo!!! That meant my hunt was a success and no tracking for this fat man.

It is because of TBH that I get this opportunity every year, and I cannot thank y'all enough. Kind words and generosity continue to flow my way almost daily. It never gets old and it's always appreciated. The ownership, mods and members here are second to none and I consider many of them family. There's nothing better than family!!!

Thanks again TBH!!!

Now for the fun stuff...showing off!!
    He scores exactly 150"
    Skip to around 2:10 of the video if you're impatient.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKHnddRQjfk&sns=em"]Dimmit - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck of a buck congrats!

Comment

Congrats very nice buck

Comment

Great deer, and really enjoyed the video!

Comment

Great deer! Congratulations

Comment

Congrats Jeff! Help from above

Comment

Great deer congrats.

Comment

Congrats Jeffie!

Comment

Great shot! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Jeff

Comment

Very nice Jeff! OBVIOUSLY God indeed did bless this hunt! God bless you brother.

Comment

Great buck

Comment

Love it...he's a mighty handsome buck!
                          His jump looked Olympic
                          Congrats Jeff!

Comment

Dang fine buck! Congrats!
                            He's a stud!

Comment

What a stud! Nice deer too! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk