Electric stovetop burner wire clip repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric stovetop burner wire clip repair

We have a Frigidaire electric stove that the clip on one of the wires has burned. This is the primary burner we use.

Can I just replace the clip and clean up the terminal or do I need to replace the burner and clip?

Also is there any reason I shouldn’t do this myself?
    Attached Files

Here’s the drive
    Attached Files

Comment

You should be able to just replace the clip yourself. Do you know why or how it happened?

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        You should be able to just replace the clip yourself. Do you know why or how it happened?

No. My wife noticed another light to the side of the burner so I pulled a couple screws to get a look.

I guess it was getting hot

Comment

Has to be HIGH TEMP clip!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            Has to be HIGH TEMP clip!
            Thanks

Where can I get one? I would like to pick one up tomorrow

Comment

Search for high temperature spade connectors on Amazon. Make sure you get them for the wire size you have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

An appliance supply will have the connector. Price the element, sometimes they are really cheap. Also, you probably don't have a crimper to make that connector up.

Comment

Ive had to replace a few in the past. A number of things could cause this: overdraw, powersurge, loose connection, etc. You can get the 6" ones for 20 each on Amazon.. The larger ones are closer to 40

Comment

You should definitely be able to replace the female disconnect on that one

Comment

Looks like Fry’s has high temp lugs according to their website. You will have to cleanup the spade lug on the element. If not it will heat up again and do the same thing all over again. Might even have to replace the element. Looks like you had a loose connection.

Comment

When you get to the repair, make sure all of the connections are tight. Most likely a loose connection was your problem in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                        X