Mr. Heater Little Buddy not lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Heater Little Buddy not lighting

Since I can’t find anything useful on youtube I wanted to see if the TBH braintrust can help. My Little Buddy won’t light. The pilot ignites but the ceramic plate does not. I cleaned out the little orifice tube per the videos I did see on youtube, but this thing was already super clean so that wasn’t helpful.

Does anybody have any experience with these things and can help? I don’t wanna freeze again like I did Friday and Saturday.

Use the search function.

Smart has a detailed, step by step thread from a couple o years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      Use the search function.

Smart has a detailed, step by step thread from a couple o years ago.
      Thanks. That was actually the first thing I did, couldn’t find anything.

Comment

First off are you running it on the small green tanks or the big tank for BBQ pits??

Does you pilot light stay lit when you let off the light button, and when you move it over to low and high where your ceramic heater should catch?

Does the pilot flame look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	24596998

or this

Name:	IMG_9976.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	24596999

Comment

Did you drop it by any chance?

Comment

In.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Smart,

Heres the one I have and the pilot light it uses. I am using the portable green propane bottles, which is all I’d ever used before.

The pilot comes on when I push the On button- and it is a very strong flame- but after holding it for a minimum of 30 seconds when I let off the ceramic plate won’t light and the pilot cuts off.

It is 5 years old but if I didn’t tell you you’d never know. It’s been immaculately cared for.

Name:	441458B6-9376-468C-A977-11C60E1202D2.jpeg
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	24597001

Name:	8A9EA7A6-1ED2-46C0-8A92-3E9D0BDB964B.jpeg
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	24597002
              Last edited by Etxbuckman; 11-03-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Had the same issue with mine yesterday...sadly I was at a soccer game and not hunting. I read online that the kill switch on these gets stuck. I kept messing with the kill switch, tapping on it hard quite a few times. Five minutes before the soccer game was over it finally lit.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                  Did you drop it by any chance?
                  Never. I could almost count on one hand the number of times it’s been used. Been sitting in the original box for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RSW0913 View Post
                    Had the same issue with mine yesterday...sadly I was at a soccer game and not hunting. I read online that the kill switch on these gets stuck. I kept messing with the kill switch, tapping on it hard quite a few times. Five minutes before the soccer game was over it finally lit.
                    Thats about right. Lol

Wheres the kill switch?

Comment

I have one like that that has never worked consistently. I don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive seen on youtube where the lines can get clogged not allowing airflow. Not on your particular model though. I have a big buddy i have to fix myself here maybe tmrw.

Comment

I had a problem with one of mine and emailed them. They sent me this and it actually fixed it right away when I tried it.

“This May sound silly, but hold the heater in the upright position, and smack it with the palm of your hand about 5 times. Then, press on the off button with your finger, firmly, about 10-15 times. Then try to light the heater. Sometimes the sensor behind the off button gets stuck and we have to encourage it back to the resting position.”

Comment

On the little buddy as pictured above the kill switch is a black button above the red starter button. It’s different on the bigger heaters, just an on/off switch I believe.

Comment

As stated above...the sensor gets stuck I believe is the problem quite often. I slapped mine around pretty good and it finally started working.

Comment

Working...
                              X