Im THAT idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im THAT idiot

Dropped what i consider to be my personal best buck this morning. Immediately tag him then field dress and load him up to take him to a cooler. I wanted to get him mounted but....pulled out of the gate and the game warden drives by and passes us. I stop because i figured he wanted to check the deer. He backs up and i immediately realize it. I didnt write the log down. He asked about and i fess up and he issues me a citation. I ask him what im looking it and he says hes decided to not take the deer but ill need to call the county judge who will issue a fine up to 500. Has anyone had an experience with this. Am i looking at the full 500. Has anyone ever done this and gotten some leeway. Ive never had any hunting/fishing infractions. I messed up and know theres a penalty but man 500 bucks. Thats my kids Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think if you get stopped, they need to be filming Lone Star Law, they seem to be much more reasonable on TV.

Comment

$500 is the most a person can be charged for a class c. Call the JP and ask- If it seems unreasonable go in person and talk to them. I would guess it will be less than 1/2 that $$$

Comment

Ask for Deferred Adj probation so it doesn't go on your record.

Comment

That’s a sucky deal there

Comment

$500 fine for not filling out the back of license?

Comment

I got that ticket about 10 years ago. I paid like 230.00 and did the DAP so it didn’t
              Go on my record.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                I think if you get stopped, they need to be filming Lone Star Law, they seem to be much more reasonable on TV.

That ain’t no lie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I second going to see the judge face to face, most county judges are just good ol' boys that are pretty easy to get along with.

Comment

I think filling out the log on your license is stupid. Its all going to rub off in a short time.

Comment

sounds kindda high

Comment

It's a silly law

Comment

Dumb law, probably cost you 150.00

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                            I second going to see the judge face to face, most county judges are just good ol' boys that are pretty easy to get along with.
                            Im going to stop by thier office tomorrow. Its small town Post tx so im hoping i can talk to someone and not be told i have to come back a different day since i live in Austin

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Talk to them in person, be honest, I bet it’s $150 or $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X