ozone on bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ozone on bow?

i'm going to do a diy ozone tote for my clothes and equipment. Will ozone gas damage any bow components if I put it in there as well?

Originally posted by BlakeJ View Post
    i'm going to do a diy ozone tote for my clothes and equipment. Will ozone gas damage any bow components if I put it in there as well?
    Yes, dont do it. It can be hard on some rubbers / plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
      Yes, dont do it. It can be hard on some rubbers / plastic.
      Well dang! I need to defunk my bow and this was gonna be my second step...after the water hose. Ive ozoned shoes etc with no ill affect to the rubber. I thought the major detriment of of ozone was to electronic/electrical components.

Spearchunker...do you have any personal experience with it jacking up your bow... any stories would be helpful. Thanks.

Comment

I know it will ruin elastic....don't know about rubber or string material.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          Well dang! I need to defunk my bow and this was gonna be my second step...after the water hose. Ive ozoned shoes etc with no ill affect to the rubber. I thought the major detriment of of ozone was to electronic/electrical components.

Spearchunker...do you have any personal experience with it jacking up your bow... any stories would be helpful. Thanks.
          Not my bow, but once I left a machine in a closet full of clothes and some rubber zippers disintegrated.

I've read no good for plastic.

Comment

Thanks Spearchunker.

I believe mild soapy warm water with scrub brush will be the defunker route Ill take.

Thanks for bringing up the topic BlakeJ.

Comment

Don't over think it no need to put your bow in there good luck

Comment

Handy info to know!

Comment

Anybody know that if i run a ozone machine in a room in my house that has my safe full of guns if it will affect the guns any?

Comment

Originally posted by SETXHUNT0902 View Post
                    Anybody know that if i run a ozone machine in a room in my house that has my safe full of guns if it will affect the guns any?
                    Depends on how long it runs.

Comment

Any yes. Alot probably not...if you dont run it a super long time. Ozone is corrosive and causes oxidation. Cover your safe with plastic to the floor and itll be fine. Ive isolated stinky rooms in houses by sealing vents and doors with plastic to keep ozone from seeping into the rest of the house. Works awesomely to defunk.

Comment

Working...
                      X