Looking for new Pan sausage recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for new Pan sausage recipe

Does anyone have a recipe that tastes like Jimmy dean?

My wife and I are going down a bit of a wholistic diet route and trying to eat as little processed foods as possible.

One of the things we eat almost daily is Jimmy dean pan sausage! We have been getting pigs turned into pan sausage from a local meat processing place for years but aren’t super keen on their recipe.

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a mix from REO spice out of Huntsville, the country Style. I add a little garlic powder to it and maybe some more red pepper flakes if I want to spice it up. Good stuff and a local Texas business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Made a batch of Legg’s # 29 the other night and added fresh green onions. Turned out really well.

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
        I use a mix from REO spice out of Huntsville, the country Style. I add a little garlic powder to it and maybe some more red pepper flakes if I want to spice it up. Good stuff and a local Texas business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reo makes some great seasoning . I use the German blend for my pan sausage . Not a fan of sage .

Comment

Another vote for Rio. Go with Rio number 3 that doesn't have monisodium glutamate

Comment

Another Rio user.. good stuff

Comment

The O.P. #6 seasoning for REO is as close to Jimmy Dean as you can get.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  The O.P. #6 seasoning for REO is as close to Jimmy Dean as you can get.
                  It sure is. I threw the number 3 out because of his comment about being on a wholistic diet.

Comment

Is that REO sold in stores anywhere? I've never seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
                      Is that REO sold in stores anywhere? I've never seen it.
                      Ive never seen it but I’ve never looked for it. I usually order a pile before deer season.

Comment

Legg # 10 taste dang near like Jimmy dean ..

Comment

Reed

I sell a breakfast sausage that has no MSG and will season 45 lbs.for $5.
                          Also sell Italian and Cajun sausage seasoning mixes, same yield and price $5.
                          Each order includes 2 FREE packets of fajita seasoning $6 value.
                          PM me if interested ... additional seasonings include boudin and jerky mix $8

Comment

Brookshire brothers sells a good pan sausage blend. It's usually by the meat counter.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                              Brookshire brothers sells a good pan sausage blend. It's usually by the meat counter.
                              Yep. They sell Reo and use it to make their store made pan sausage.

Comment

Working...
                              X