Mathews Z7 limb bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews Z7 limb bolts

I purchased a used Z7 that was sold as a 27"/70# set up. I noticed the draw feels a little lighter than I am used to. Could be old string, but it looks like the limb bolts are not bottomed out all the way. They are very tight when checked with an allen wrench, but there is a significant gap between the limbs and the riser where the bolt passes through. Does anyone with a Z7, or any knowledge of this have any suggestions. I don't know if the gap is supposed to be there, and if so, don't want to risk breaking something. Thanks!

They should be bottomed out at peak weight, more than likely they need to be broke loose. Hit them with some penetrating oil and let them sit a while and they should break free. Should be able at access the threads from the bottom side of the riser and space between them limb and pocket. If the weight is still light when maxed out then more than likely there is creep in the harness that needs to be taken up or they just need to be replaced. A 70# bow should hit 71-72#'s maxed when set to spec.

Comment

Thanks muddyfuzzy! I'll work them loose and tighten them down.

Comment

Penetrating oil did the trick. Tightened down the bolts. Now that's more like it.
        Thank you!

Comment

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X