No announcement yet.

Im THAT idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don’t fill out the log there is no way to prove what county you have already killed in. It takes less than a minute and forgetting is just a sorry excuse. $500 will probably help you remember next time.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
      Always hated the log but I was started off with a tainted view. There was many years where I didn't deer hunt at all. First thing I would do when I got my lifetime license printed each year was rip all the tags off minus one either sex deer tag in the rare event I got an invite to hunt somewhere. I hate hauling all that extra crap in my wallet that would never be used. Duck season rolls around and the GW at the launch starts digging in to my crap. Says he's going to write me a citation for not filling out the log. I explained that I don't deer hunt and I disposed of them. That wasn't good enough so we went round and round a few times about how I hadn't actually killed a deer, or a 27" redfish, or turkey, or mule deer. He ended up contacting a supervisor that informed him to stand down. So next year rolls around and guess who is standing guard over the boat launch on opening morning of duck season. Ole boy was flat out ****** that I had done it again. But again I hadn't actually killed a deer. To heck with them!
      Got a good chuckle over that...

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
        I ask him what im looking it and he says hes decided to not take the deer but ill need to call the county judge who will issue a fine up to 500.

what a swell guy

Comment

dang man that stinks.

Comment

If you were an illegal keeping undersized fish or more than the limit they would write you a warning and tell you to leave. I've seen it happen numerous times during the flounder run. I filled out my tag wrong in Colorado this year. Game warden showed me how it was supposed to be filled out and told me to have a good day . Anytime I talk to a Texas game warden I feel like I'm being interrogated the whole time. I don't like being treated like a criminal or like I did something wrong all the time..

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
              Always hated the log but I was started off with a tainted view. There was many years where I didn't deer hunt at all. First thing I would do when I got my lifetime license printed each year was rip all the tags off minus one either sex deer tag in the rare event I got an invite to hunt somewhere. I hate hauling all that extra crap in my wallet that would never be used. Duck season rolls around and the GW at the launch starts digging in to my crap. Says he's going to write me a citation for not filling out the log. I explained that I don't deer hunt and I disposed of them. That wasn't good enough so we went round and round a few times about how I hadn't actually killed a deer, or a 27" redfish, or turkey, or mule deer. He ended up contacting a supervisor that informed him to stand down. So next year rolls around and guess who is standing guard over the boat launch on opening morning of duck season. Ole boy was flat out ****** that I had done it again. But again I hadn't actually killed a deer. To heck with them!
              Toledo, I don't turkey or mule deer hunt so upon getting a new license I always tear those tags off. Several wardens have inquired about this and I just say I try to keep as slim a wallet as possible. One particular warden wanted to delve deeper, thinking that I may have been trying to hide/get away with something. I said no, I just hate a George Castanza wallet. He looked at me like I was crazy. Obviously not a Seinfeld fan.

Comment

My buddy got the same ticket 3 years ago. Cost him $75

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                  I did not read the whole thread but I think that is BS.

You bought a license
                  Tagged the buck
                  Shot a legal deer

Didn't sound like you were lippy or anything from the OP.

Sounds like the GW could have used a little discretion here.
                  This right here, yep the OP screwed up but IMO the GW should have issued a warning once it became obvious the OP wasn't trying to hide anything and had made an honest mistake.

Being antagonistic to the people they are supposed to serve is just no good.

I am 100% for the log, no problem there but an honest mistake shouldn't be treated like a willful violation.

Comment

I got a ticket a few yrs back for my kid not having his life jacket fastened when it was. Supposedly 300 when i went to court. Go to court! You can be honest and admit you made a mistake and ask the court for a reduced fine as well as deffered adjudacation that way it doesnt hit your record. Ive have no experiences w deer, so i cant say. I wana say the judge made me pay the court costs which were 76$ and that was all. I paid and left. It would cost me more and more to take time off work.

Comment

A game warden told me that failure to fill out the log is the most issued ticket by wardens in Texas. Re-using tags is why you have to cut the dates out now. Back in the day when you could color the date box in with a pen, if you soaked the tag in bleach the ink would wash off. A friend told me that.

Comment

Originally posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
                        Just an update. Walk into Courthouse first thing this morning to talk to the Justice of the Peace. I was told oh well those boys usually don't actually enter those tickets for quite a while so you need to come back probably around the 12th or so. I politely said I was issued a ticket yesterday it says on that ticket to appear on or before the 19th I'm here before the 19th and you're telling me it doesn't count. Now I'm really mad and I just talked to my boss and he said that don't pay them $0.02 now he would rather pay our lawyer then have me pay them. Once again like I stated when I started this thread I don't have a problem paying a fine I was just trying to find out how much it was because I do know that I broke a rule but having to deal with that at the courthouse this morning is ridiculous it's not my fault you're not doing your job. And if it is the case that these tickets don't get entered into your system for week then you need to state that at the time of citation or have it written on the citation

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                        I 100% can not stand that... they give you like 10 days, then don't ever enter the ticket information. So you really got like 3 days, and then they don't give a flip that you've already come early to take care of it!! I had a vehicle registration ticket that was entered 1 day before and I called EVERY day!

Comment

It is up to the hunter to know the rules and regulations of where he and she is hunting. If you break the rules, your fate is in the hands of the GW. If you don’t like it then follow all the rules. I would be willing to bet that the OP will not forget to sign the back of his license from now on and will remind all of his buddies to do it as well. Thank you to all of our first responders!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JONES45LC View Post
                            im not sure of the fine cost, but I had a buddy killed a buck during season and didn't write the buck on the log, fast forward to march he was fishing and game warden checked his license and asked about the missing tag he told him that he used it during general season .
                            citation was issued LOL
                            There you go. Talk yourself into a ticket. How about telling mr green jeans I took a crap and tore the tag off to wipe with.

Comment

Um, do that M16 and let us know how that turns out for ya.

Comment

Did I miss a pic of your personal best beast??? Personal best are worth a GREAT story and the fine only makes it more interesting!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X