X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another mt lion thread

Mountain Lion Spotted in Dallas County: TPWD Confirms

Sent from my iPad

Couldn't be... according to most on here, there are no big cats in the Eastern third of the state.

Pretty cool and not surprising at all to me.

Comment

It's not completely surprising that a lion was identified in the area. They have a large home range and sometimes seek out new territory. But, there absolutely is not a population of lions in the area or anywhere east of I35 in Texas. 99.9% of all 'sightings' are not verified and never substantiated. Plus, there's a better than average chance this was a pet lion.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
        It's not completely surprising that a lion was identified in the area. They have a large home range and sometimes seek out new territory. But, there absolutely is not a population of lions in the area or anywhere east of I35 in Texas. 99.9% of all 'sightings' are not verified and never substantiated. Plus, there's a better than average chance this was a pet lion.
        Sound pretty sure of yourself

Comment

Humm, I' ve seen one within about 13 miles of I-35 .
          TPW verified the sighting but yet you say it's a pet lion. OK pretty sure any pet lions would be well known in the area. They make lots of noise that is very distinctive, knew folks that had one in Hemphill back in early 80's. Everyone knew about it and you hear it from quite a distance.
          Mt lions are all over, even in Texas.

Comment

When there’s one there’s 2.

Comment

I've personally seen a mountain lion on a couple of occasions a good bit east of 35.

Comment

I have one on trail cam and have seen one in person both east of IH45.

Comment

You lost me with the pet lion comment

I’ve seen them a few times in Hardin County. That’s a good ways East of I-35. Granted it was 12 years ago since I last saw one. But it was in broad daylight and several people saw it too.

Comment

I'm certainly not an expert, but I don't buy that this is a wild lion that is just expanding his range and wandered into the thick of DFW. No way.

Comment

There are lions all over Los Angeles county. They have more people than we do

Comment

I've seen one in Nacogdoches county multiple times. It comes around during the same time of year every year.

Comment

Not hard for me to believe plenty to eat and lots of places to hide

Comment

I’ve only seen one up close. It was in Hopkins County outside Sulphur Springs very early one morning. I was headed to get a feed truck for cattle and the cat was checking out calves.

A friend had one try to raid her hen house near Brashear. I tried to track another near the Red River last year.

Comment

Man ive never seen one. Ive hunted some really Catty parts of the state where they are known to live with verified sightings. But to say youve seen them on a few times in areas where they are not found..... come on man...

I saw that LA county was brought up. They always had lions. Just now theres more because its illegal to kill them.

Have them historically vs not have them historically. How can you even compare the 2?

Comment

Working...
                              X