Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat Ramp/Marina Closures

As the title says...

I talked with the lady at April Plaza Marina on Lake Conroe this morning. They're currently open with no issues. What they do in the coming days & weeks is dependent on what Montgomery County decides to do.

Outdoor activities are encouraged. Lakes will be open- Marina is up to them. Free business - I guess public boatramps could close but don't see how a private ramp would fall into a meeting place and not an outdoor activity.

Comment

harbor closed in matagorda, riverbend and rawlings ramps open in the river

Comment

Anyone hear anything about Rayburn on Monterrey Park end?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Outdoor activities are encouraged. Lakes will be open- Marina is up to them. Free business - I guess public boatramps could close but don't see how a private ramp would fall into a meeting place and not an outdoor activity.
          Thats the problem here. All of our ramps are ran by TPWD, half of them are closed due to flooding, all of them that are open are in Denton County and Denton Co issued stay at home today. I'm afraid TPWD employees will be considered non essential and will close the gates to the ramps.

Comment

Originally posted by BALLS-OUT View Post
            Anyone hear anything about Rayburn on Monterrey Park end?
            Heard Monterey park was closed this past weekend but Cassel boykins was still open. I would definitely call before heading that way

Comment

All ramps are closed at Lake Lavon due to flooding

Comment

I guess the bigger question is, what's the deal with being in a "shelter in place" county and pulling a boat? I've seen this brought up on other threads, but is there any legal binding or fines/tickets associated with being on the road for a non-essential task (technically speaking)? I would think someone heading to the water would be pretty low on the current priority list. But then again, a lot of what people do doesn't make sense to me to begin with, so there's that...

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                  I guess the bigger question is, what's the deal with being in a "shelter in place" county and pulling a boat? I've seen this brought up on other threads, but is there any legal binding or fines/tickets associated with being on the road for a non-essential task (technically speaking)? I would think someone heading to the water would be pretty low on the current priority list. But then again, a lot of what people do doesn't make sense to me to begin with, so there's that...
                  Can't you still go to the grocery store? Lake Palestine grocery here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    Can't you still go to the grocery store? Lake Palestine grocery here I come!
                    No kidding,who’s to say that you don’t feed your family with fishing or hunting.If you get pulled over just tell them it’s essential that your family eats healthy and it’s a lot safer than standing in a crowded line at the grocery store.

Comment

Hope aransas pass marinas are open

Comment

I would tell the cop I was on my way to the grocery store for fish.............

Comment

Thinking pretty hard about sheltering in place at Toledo Bend this weekend. Neighborhood has a private boat ramp, and I'm sure the spawn is happening. I'd imagine the purpose in closing the larger public boat ramps will be to eliminate the larger tournaments.

Comment

I’m waiting to hear if the boat ramps on Lewisville close. Wouldn’t mind going shopping for some food

Comment

I’m waiting to hear if the boat ramps on Lewisville close. Wouldn’t mind going shopping for some food

Comment

Working...
                              X