Mainstream Country Music Is A JOKE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, the mainstream pop junk they are trying to pass for country is a real joke. I’m watching the PBR and a commercial comes on of some goon wearing a duster and a trash can lid for a hat on his head singing about “Be Cowboy”. REALLY? It’s horrible. That crowd and the flower pot cowboy hat crew are a joke. Nashville SUCKS!!! I’m a proud Texan and appreciate our local artists.

Semper Fi

Country music died along time ago. I can’t even listen to country stations on the radio, it’s a joke. I put on Pandora most of the time.

Comment

I usually only listen to Willie's Roadhouse or a local "classic country" station. I do have to say that I listened to Aaron Watson do "Amarillo By Morning" in a tribute to George Strait on youtube, and it was very good.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
        Seriously, the mainstream pop junk they are trying to pass for country is a real joke. I’m watching the PBR and a commercial comes on of some goon wearing a duster and a trash can lid for a hat on his head singing about “Be Cowboy”. REALLY? It’s horrible. That crowd and the flower pot cowboy hat crew are a joke. Nashville SUCKS!!! I’m a proud Texan and appreciate our local artists.

Semper Fi
        Yep, most of those guys need some gimmicks to stand out in that generic Nashville sound, next thing you know it will be Bollywood (India) controlling Nashville instead of Hollywood
        Thankful for iTunes so I can control my music catalog
        Attached Files
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-10-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Can’t listen to anything from “Nashville” that came out after 1975.

Comment

Yeah, well, like, that's your opinion man.

I kid. Some of it is quite rough, but it sells so they play it.

There's a ton of really great red dirt/texas country artists out there. I wish Houston had a station that played them.

Comment

I’m glad I’m not the only one. New age Nashville is garbage. Old school Willie, Merle, Waylon, Conway, Loretta, Cash etc. and Texas country is all I can abide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                Can’t listen to anything from “Nashville” that came out after 1975.
                So no George Strait, Kenny Rogers, Alabama, or Keith Whitley? No Earl Thomas Conley or John Conlee? No Johnny Lee, Randy Travis or Dolly? Dang....you've got some tough standards.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysGigEm View Post

There's a ton of really great red dirt/texas country artists out there. I wish Houston had a station that played them.
                  We do 92.9-3
                  It great!

Comment

Classic rock is all I listen to. Could not stand country. I didn't think it could get worse, but I guess that electronically generated crap is even more turrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar Hunter View Post
                      We do 92.9-3

It great!

100.3 HD3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysGigEm View Post

Google Jalapeño country out of Corpus Christi. Best station in Texas.

By all means don’t listen to 95.9 “THE RANCH”. Worst ever. Horrible advertising. It’s bad.

Comment

I agree. I have so much more respect and appreciate the music of artist who write and sing their own music. I am one of the few who does not care for George Strait either.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            I agree. I have so much more respect and appreciate the music of artist who write and sing their own music. I am one of the few who does not care for George Strait either.

Well I’m not taking it that far. His ground roots music is above reproach. To each their own.

Comment

Checks TV guide to see is CMAs or ACMs are on.....[emoji848][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                              X