Any Recommendations for New Mexico, Idaho, or Wyoming Elk Outfitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Recommendations for New Mexico, Idaho, or Wyoming Elk Outfitter

Looking for recommendations for a guided elk hunt in New Mexico, Idaho, or Wyoming. I would like to find an outfitter who is trad archery friendly. Thank you in advance!

Do you have PP for Wyoming ?
    All you need to do is tell the outfitter your are trad, they can deal with it.
    I've had elk at 60 yds no shot and 3 yds no shot. They just need to know your effective range.
    Also, are grizz a concern for you ? That can affect which areas you would want to hunt in Wyoming.

Comment

I don’t have any PP for Wyoming. If thats a prerequisite then maybe i should just cross them off the list. I’ve successfully hunted and harvested elk with a stickbow on public land in Colorado but just want to take a couple of young men on a nice guided hunt. I also know that all guides aren’t familiar with what it takes to get a decent bull in range of a stickbow shooter. If I’m going to drop the amount of coin that a hunt of this type will cost I would definitely want someone with references from previous recurve/longbow hunters.

Comment

Check out Bowhunting Safari Consultants. They only work with bow hunters and seem to have quite a few trad shooters.

Comment

Wyoming will need PP so yeah, cross that off your list for the coming year.
          I do agree with finding a guide that has guided trad hunters. Didn't mean to come off as flippant on that point. You'll be spending your hard earned money for the hunt.

Might look on Bowsite under the outfitters button on top of page. They have hunt reports and outfitter info.

Comment

Broadmouth canyon.

Comment

Working...
            X