Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn Hamstring advice

Anyone ever had this?

I tore/pulled mine Thursday afternoon. I have never experienced that much pain before. I have iced it on and off all weekend, but we had paying hunters this weekend and I had to be at the ranch over the weekend. It is still hurting pretty bad today. I probably overdid it this weekend.

I friend suggested ultraviolet therapy to assist in a quicker recovery. Anyone heard of this or have any other remedies?

Gracias.

Time.

Comment

PEMF therapy. This therapy is amazing. We use it o Riley and her horses. I use it on myself. https://www.magnawavepemf.com/

Comment

I pulled mine in September and am still bothered by it. Thought it finally worked itself out, but seems to have flared up.

You need to rest it for about a week. And then you're going to need to do specific stretches for it.

My wife gave me this to roll it, which I find helps.

Here is a short video that I found to have useful information - [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUQ86Ok69gY"]Top 3 Treatments for Hamstring Injury or Tear- It is not what you think - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Big difference in torn and pulled. Both require medical diagnosis and time, One may require surgery. Get a medical opinion.

Comment

Matt C is correct. Pulled you could just rest and stretch with time. If complete tear they gotta attach it. Either way gotta lay up

Comment

Thanks All

Comment

What Matt an Glen said.

Is it torn or just pulled. Been to a doc?

Comment

Time!!…. is the only answer if it's not completely severed. They'll only go in to fix it surgically if it is severed.

I agree, one of the most painful injuries I have been through (including some compound fractures).

Comment

It's not torn or you would not have been able to do anything at the ranch this past weekend with hunters. Keep icing it 4 or 5 times a day for 20 minutes. It will eventually work its way out.

Comment

I thought i tore my hamstring once playing ball till my brother actually tore his. Nasty shades of purple,green and yellow. He needed surgery and couldn't walk at all

Comment

Working...
                      X