No announcement yet.

"My old lady...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't. She is nine years younger than me.

Comment

Yup, Its Ol lady not old lady and yes I use it. Ive used it since day one and she agrees its not a problem. Everyone I have ever been around uses it too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I called my wife Linda a few days ago.
        She hasn’t seen the video. It didn’t go as I had planned.
        Now, THAT’S funny. I would like to see a video of that!

Comment

Is my "Squaw" offensive???

Comment

Here in Mexico some people reffer to his wife as “Mi vieja” for me it is something disrespectful, Always I reffer to my wife as “My Wife” or “Mi Señora” or simply by her name.

Comment

"My old lady...."

I don’t think my wife would batt an eye, but if my mother heard me refer to my wife in that way.....it’d be curtains for ol Dale, and I ain’t goin out like that..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-30-2020, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Never, my wife is my better half. She is my queen.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                  Is my "Squaw" offensive???
                  . That term would offend many I would think.

Gary

Comment

I dont

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I don’t think my wife would batt an eye, but if my mother heard me refer to my wife in that way.....it’d be curtains for ol Dale, and I ain’t goin out like that..

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                        Is it just me and my generation, or is this offensive to others?

I would never refer to wife this way. Seems disrespectful to me, but never hear anyone call someone out on it.
                        Ok, a little history on the Ol' Lady terminology.

Back when I was young, the only people I ever heard use the term was bikers and people that were living together and not married. Both of those class of people/titles were usually a non motivated to work, drunkard, criminal, dope usage, gang type maybe a hippie lifestyle. Thus the reason for a disrespectful type conatation of the word.

I will reiterate, even now and my parents are in their 80s, if I called my wife that, I would get called out on it. To date I have not called my wife Ol'Lady.

It is being uptight as some of you suppose. Its a matter of respectful banter.

Comment

I am a 56 year old Teacher/ Coach. I was taught to respect women to the fullest. My wife is not my ol' lady. She is my wife, my sweetheart or my sweetie. 90% of the time I call by those terms. Very seldom Yvette. Sure she is 7 years younger but I think I learned from my Father. He still calls my mother Honey and very seldom anything else. Both of them are 81-82 years old. I teach all my boys that they better respect the women in their lives. Or I come down on them hard. If one complains about having to wait 15 minutes for a shopping decision, I will quick remind them on the 17 hours of labor to provide you with a son or daughter. And then the hard part starts. Get it right boys.
                          To the teacher/ coach part of the day. Any student/ player that shows disrespect to a female, whether it be a teacher, admin, or girlfriend and I am a witness regardless of the circumstance will get a good one-- one stern lecture, and or beat down if I have to get involved. Do not screw around in front of me. I will teach the right way. Do what you want away from me, or in your life. But if you are in my space, those boys know they will learn how to treat any woman. Maybe as they get to grow into adults it will come in handy to have built better habits.

Comment

"My old lady...."

There are some days when I get on here that I wish I'd taken Tylenol as a preemptive measure. Today is one of those days. My take is, if you and your spouse/partner have a pet name/nickname for each other and you two are fine with it, then who cares? I don't use the term by the way, unless we are joking around, and she has a far worse one for me.
                            Last edited by Graysonhogs; 05-01-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              . That term would offend many I would think.

Gary
                              What if she's Native American?

Comment

I don't use this tired old 'ol term but I tend to think 99% of it's usage is/was when the guys were hanging out and bs'n. Pretty sure it's not the pet name for very many wives. Often times it's how words are used as much as which words are used. Some folks can dismount that high-horse and remove the collar and chill. IMO the term redneck has been twisted around by the newer crowd as well. Just depends I guess but when this kracka grew up it didn't mean the same as it duz now...

Comment

Working...
                                X