No announcement yet.

Pipeline const time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may not be to bad. Remember crews won't be working on your property for the duration of the entire line. Usually pipeline works 6 days a week. Sundays may be a good day to hunt unbothered if they are close by. I've seen tons of deer on ROWs all over Texas. It doesn't run them out like you think it would. Any big construction work shouldn't be more than a c4-5 cumulative weeks on your property. People may be passing through in the meantime. All the tasks will be done by different crews at different times survey, trench, lay pipe, weld pipe, coat welds, put pipe in the ground, weld pipe in the ground, coat new welds, backfill, and finally restoration.

There SHOULD be undisturbed time somewhere in there. Talk to the guys if you see them out there. They should be able to give you some information.

Comment

the construction doesn't effect the deer . but depending what the owner states in the agreement will depend if the work during hunting hours you need to check into that immediately . try and get that put into the language with the land agent .

Comment

They started clearing the right away through our lease about 2 weeks before the season opener, it's a little over a 2 mile stretch. From what they told the land owner, they should be through by January, but at the rate they're moving, it wouldn't surprise me if they were finished by mid November. Thus far, I can't tell that it's hurt the hunting any at all, the line is running right beside 2 of our stands, I'm sure the deer are a little spooky around those 2, so we just avoid hunting in them.

Comment

Your lucky you can hunt at all. We have the Wind Turbine people playing on my lease and they have a zero Hunting policy when they are present.

Comment

I used to sit on the skidders when they were logging our old lease in Louisiana growing up when they weren't working! Seemed deer liked the landings they would clear out to load logs.

Comment

I have some old pictures somewhere of deer crossing the 15ft high topsoil mound that they had piled up on the edge of the ROW during construction. It didn’t seem to bother them, only problem is they were eye level with me in the Tripod when they made it to the top.

Comment

Same as everyone else said. It won't bother them as bad as you think. I had this happen to me one year and I shot one of my better deer in the ROW and he almost fell into the ditch. The ROW went right though the middle of our lease for 2 miles.

Comment

Working...
                X