Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both of my spots are completely submerged, can’t even access close to them right now.

Comment

Sorry to hear fowltrouble. Did you take note on how high the water was in those areas? If so, you can predict when it's clear to go back in there by watching the lake level.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        W lake sitting at 8.38 feet above normal this morning.

A lake is 12.76 feet above normal.

Sheesh, we may all be huddled up at the gates....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
          Sheesh, we may all be huddled up at the gates....

Your welcome to come over and hunt the W lake Eric. But don't expect to see anything. Cause all the deer are vacationing over at Aquilla where there is a "big deer pool party" going on.

Comment

Your welcome to come over and hunt the W lake Eric. But don't expect to see anything. Cause all the deer are vacationing over at Aquilla where there is a "big deer pool party" going on.
            Haha that’s funny right there! If I’m looking at the topo map correct my places are 3ft under... we’ll see when it goes back down, if it ever does!! I need to find higher grounds.

Comment

They opened both flood gates on Aquilla to 3ft last night and looks like they increased them to about 5ft this morning. The water level is atleast going the right direction now.

Comment

I may take you up on that, maybe a few of those 170”s over there are up in the 180’s this year [emoji57]

Comment

So I went and put corn out. My spot is somewhat dry compared to the two ft of water I had to wade through to get back there. Gonna be fun in the morning. Lots of pig poop in my spot which I'm not real thrilled about

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                    So I went and put corn out. My spot is somewhat dry compared to the two ft of water I had to wade through to get back there. Gonna be fun in the morning. Lots of pig poop in my spot which I'm not real thrilled about

Justin, if you need me to come pick you and your critter up in the morning with my boat after your hunt, just holler.

Comment

Be hard to cross the road in a boat. I'm hunting that spot u watched me drag a doe out of a couple years ago on opening day.

Comment

I can come in by lake to that depression a hunderd yards away. Should be full of water. Water should be over the road. Meet ya there.

Comment

Ill be there in the morning so holler if you need help Justin.

Comment

Storm if you park by me be careful it's a little slick had to stick mine in 4 wheel to get straight.

Comment

At the gate time to wade to my spot.

Comment

Did ya make it in there Justin?

Comment

Working...
                                X