Vehicle detailing prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle detailing prices?

How much do y’all pay to get a truck detailed? Or at least a quick interior wipe-down and vacuum?

A local place real close to my house used to do a good job for $50. They would wash the exterior, wipe down the dash/door panels, clean the glass, vacuum the seats, and vacuum/scrub vinyl floors. No expensive products or services like wheel shine or hand wax, but really all the cleaning a hunting truck ever needs.

Recently they started charging a $10 “oversized vehicle” fee for pickups, and today told me it would be another $40 (the carpet cleaning price) to clean my vinyl floors...

Was I getting a great deal before, or am I being hosed now?
    Last edited by 30-30; 12-23-2019, 12:20 PM.

You’ve been getting hosed for a while

Comment

Complete detail $90 for large SUV. That is wax, engine bay, undercarriage and shampoo. The works

Comment

I pay $30 I think for exterior wash, inside cleaned and wiped down, new car smell, wheels and tires, etc. That's for an F250.

Comment

I think the cheapest around my area for a basic outside and interior is $15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you are paying less than $100, they are likely scratching the hell outta your paint and using harsh chemicals that will destroy the clear coat over time. Those brushes are paint killers.

Comment

When I used to get my truck fully detailed it was about 150. But that was 100% hand wash and hand waxed. Wheel polish, carpets shampooed and leather detailed on seats and everything. Place was called Let’s Talk Dirty in Killeen. That truck would come out of there looking better than the day I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                If you are paying less than $100, they are likely scratching the hell outta your paint and using harsh chemicals that will destroy the clear coat over time. Those brushes are paint killers.
                And often if you are paying more.

Comment

I use Mister Car Wash. they have an Unlimited plan for $60 a month. I can go as many times a month that I want/need. One day I went 5 times in a row. It’s worth it to me.

Comment

How much would you do someone else's truck for?

Comment

Speaks the truth...

Granted I do the $15 dollar deals most of the time because I’m generally rushed and my trucks aren’t show trucks. But. Real detail without cutting corners is a few hundred at the bare minimum. When I used to keep my wife’s old black Yukon spotless before kids I hand washed myself, and did maintenance waxes. The once year detail and paint correction was 800-1000.

Comment

I have a mobile guy that did our truck for $125 and it was awesome. Another TBH’er has used him too.

He will do showroom detail for $250.00.

He spend almost 2 hours on my truck the first time.

Comment

There's a guy in my neighborhood who does a complete detail of interior and exterior for $150 for a Camry-sized vehicle. Yes, that's expensive, but he doesn't miss a spot. I mean that as literal as possible. He gets every possible place any particle of dust can hide. He uses premium products as well, and he does 1 car a day, usually takes about 6 hours.

Comment

Don't worry. The brush and the ozone are already working on that. I just need to get a good clean inside and out.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              I have a mobile guy that did our truck for $125 and it was awesome. Another TBH’er has used him too.

He will do showroom detail for $250.00.

He spend almost 2 hours on my truck the first time.

I have 2 labs and usually get it done once a year it cost me $250-300
                              When it was brand spanking new and had one year unlimited washing it was about $20 extra for dog hair

Comment

Working...
                              X