Pellet Grill Spatchcock Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What temp do you set your pellet grill for a spatchcock turkey?

I didn’t use a pellet grill, but 275 is the highest I’d go.

Comment

350F for about 4 hrs did this bird just fine on my 700 Bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t spatchcock but I run mine at 250.

275 and up and the smoke starts to diminish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I cooked a 10 lb. bird yesterday, 1st time I spatchcocked a turkey. Put it on the pellet grill @ 170° for an hour to get that nice looking skin, cranked it up to 325° and it was done in 1:45 , turned out nice and juicy! Coated it with butter, seasoned with Belleville Meat Market garlic pepper and a little Chupacabra, going to do a couple for Christmas.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I spatchcocked my 20 lb turkey, injected it with a butter sauce and coated it with a rub. I started on “Smoking” setting for 1 hour then set the temperature at 300 degrees. Internal temp reach 160 in 1 hour 45 minutes. It was delicious! I will definitely do some more!
            Attached Files

Comment

Did mine at 275 and it was great, extremely juicy but the skin didn't crisp up as much as i would like so I'll probably do my next one at 300 to see how it turns out.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by aggieland; 11-29-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

If using a pellet smoker, or really any smoker, the Traeger app is great as a rough guide for recipes and new ideas. I use it all the time as a reminder of what temp to cook at and what internal temp at which to pull the meat!

Comment

Working...
                X