Waller County Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waller County Buck

Finally got it done on a small 20 acre section of some land I hunt in between Hempstead and Navasota near my dads place. First year on the place and honestly didn’t know what to expect. Got my first doe with a bow there, and a pig so it was already a success. Check cameras a couple weeks ago and had an awesome 10 point on camera. I got all pumped for the rut and opening weekend. Hunted Friday with my bow to try and get a doe, shot one high shoulder and never found her. I hate losing any animal, so I was pretty bummed out. Saturday comes, people shooting all around me, I instantly think man that 10 point is gone. I see a nice 7 point but too narrow, another year or two and he will be nice. I saw that deer and some other small bucks, but no shooters. Then this morning I get to my stand late, and get there right at daylight. About 10 minutes after the feeder goes off I look to my right and I see a really nice deer walking about 100 to 150 yards over on the neighbors place. He’s angling towards my area and I was just hoping he would continue to the feeder. I couldn’t make it what he was, just knew he was big. Sit for another five minutes or so and I see nothing. So I grabbed my grunt call and made two grunts, next thing I know I hear crashing from back where he would come from. Another minute and there he is! I take a look in the binoculars and instantly decide to shoot. He was cruising along behind the feeder, scared he would keep going and get out of sight I whistle to stop him. Pretty small window in this spot to see the deer around the feeder. Perfectly broadside at 80 yards and the old 30-06 knocks him down instantly! He tried to get up again so I put another one into him, he’s down for good! This is my best deer to date that wasn’t from a client hunt. Grabbed my dad and we loaded him up, he couldn’t believe how big it was. He’s lived out there 20 years and never seen a deer this nice. Nice quality bonding time while I get Dad to help me clean him and drop the meat off at Bellville. I roughly scored him at 121, but this deer is awesome for me, and to see my dads reaction was priceless. Great deer for a free lease, and almost across the street from my parents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great buck, congrats.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats

Comment

That's a good looking deer. Congratulations man!

Comment

Congrats bud!

Comment

Nice Waller co Buck, Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                  Congrats bud!

I will be bringing the head to you on Tuesday!!

Comment

This is the pic of the 10. Any guesses on score?

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Comment

Nice, Congrats!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats