No announcement yet.

Septic system costs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on a number of factors. How many bedrooms and baths in the residence? Any outbuildings with toilets or sinks? I'm in Montgomery county where they only allow aerobic. We had to get a permit from the county. The septic designer/installer got the permit. It's a black art to size them. Size matters for price.

Comment

Can somebody explain to me why an outhouse is legal but when it comes to a septic system you have to jump through the hoops? What about cows and other animals? They just poop wherever they want without a permit? Shouldn't something be done about that?

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
        Did you pick up some land for $100?

J
        Haha! No I didn’t! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Can somebody explain to me why an outhouse is legal but when it comes to a septic system you have to jump through the hoops? What about cows and other animals? They just poop wherever they want without a permit? Shouldn't something be done about that?
          Yes this. You know how many hunting clubs I been to and all they had was an outhouse with a hole in the ground? And what about all the time your in the woods hunting or working or scouting and the urge hits you. I can accept that something should be in place but the extremes and cost they require you to do I think is overboard.

Comment

If you had to go to that outhouse at 3:00 am in 14 degree weather, you would pay anything for that septic system.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
              It depends on a number of factors. How many bedrooms and baths in the residence? Any outbuildings with toilets or sinks? I'm in Montgomery county where they only allow aerobic. We had to get a permit from the county. The septic designer/installer got the permit. It's a black art to size them. Size matters for price.
              Actually, it's not. Tank sizes are determined by the square footage and number of the bedrooms of the house and the associated assumed gpd effluent coming from that size house. These are standards that are set by TCEQ. 750 gal is the minimum size for any house, no matter how small and how few plumbing fixtures you have. These are the guidelines that every county will follow.
              Last edited by Grizz83; 02-19-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Poking around today I found this link.

On-site sewage facilities, or OSSFs, must be designed on the basis of a site evaluation that accounts for local conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  Cows and other animals don't have fat stacks for the county to get their paws on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
                    If you had to go to that outhouse at 3:00 am in 14 degree weather, you would pay anything for that septic system.
                    That is shockingly specific......

Comment

Ive seen aerobic surface application as low as $5700-$6000 in Montgomery County not including permit and design.
                      Last edited by Kmiles84; 02-19-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Montgomery county will allow conventional systems although there are not many going in due to poor drainage, space, seasonal water tables, and restrictive horizons.

Comment

PM me as I am very familiar in that area as we are currently building an RV park and have been through the process. First you will have to have a sanitarian come out and take soil samples to determine the type of system you need aerobic or conventional. Then you have to have an engineer design it and get a permit from ANRA who has jurisdiction in that area. I have the guys you need to talk to numbers and would be glad to point you in their direction.

Comment

Originally posted by whackem and stackem View Post
                            PM me as I am very familiar in that area as we are currently building an RV park and have been through the process. First you will have to have a sanitarian come out and take soil samples to determine the type of system you need aerobic or conventional. Then you have to have an engineer design it and get a permit from ANRA who has jurisdiction in that area. I have the guys you need to talk to numbers and would be glad to point you in their direction.
                            I responded to your PM. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                              Actually, it's not. Tank sizes are determined by the square footage and number of the bedrooms of the house and the associated assumed gpd effluent coming from that size house. These are standards that are set by TCEQ. 750 gal is the minimum size for any house, no matter how small and how few plumbing fixtures you have. These are the guidelines that every county will follow.
                              I read all of that. Then the county kept coming up with additional requirements that were not in the TCEQ documents. I never did find any of the additional stuff they wanted but it was easier to go along and get the permit than to have a p****ing match.

Comment

I read all of that. Then the county kept coming up with additional requirements that were not in the TCEQ documents. I never did find any of the additional stuff they wanted but it was easier to go along and get the permit than to have a p****ing match.
                                Interesting. What additional crap were they making you do?

Comment

Working...
                                X