Travel Trailer Microwave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Trailer Microwave?

We bought a 2008 Gulf Stream Emerald Bay TT. It has a Half Oven which I understand is a combo oven and microwave mounted below the cooktop. We knew when we bought it the oven was out so wanted to remove and replace with a small microwave. Has six screws that hold the trim. Four came out no problem. The remaining two are some sort of security screws. I have a set of security bits but none fit these screws. They look like a Phillips with a center projection. Anyone have an idea of what these are and what the bit to remove them looks like. The thought process of putting security fasteners in this location escapes me.

Torx bits?

Comment

you can break off that center tit with a sharp chisel or a punch at an angle.

it's probably a security torx

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
        Torx bits?
        Definitely not Torx.

Comment

will this bit fit it?

or this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
            you can break off that center tit with a sharp chisel or a punch at an angle.

it's probably a security torx
            It’s buried too deep in the trim to reach with a chisel. I’ve used a Dremel before to cut the center button but can’t reach these.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              will this bit fit it?

I have the Torx. They don’t work. More like the second picture but will need to be longer.

Comment

JB weld a bolt or nut onto it, hold in place with tape till cured and then turn that with a wrench. Worth a try

Comment

Working...
                X