Questions for the Show Broiler Familys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonestarGent View Post
    When I was young and showing them I put a young rabbit in the pen with them. As long as it's a juvenile rabbit and not mature it will keep them stirred up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting. Does the rabbit eat the chicken feed? What keeps the chickens from eating the rabbit food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MRcheeto View Post
      a friend of mine puts ducks in with his daughters broilers to keep them stirred up and both his daughters placed 3 and 12 overall at san antonio

What keeps the ducks from getting fat and lazy too?

Comment

Is 15 lbs a bird hard to make? That's the min. for our county. It seems large.

Jason

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by STICKIT View Post
          Is 15 lbs a bird hard to make? That's the min. for our county. It seems large.

Jason

That has to be for a 3 bird pen, when we showed 7 lbs was a great bird.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
            That has to be for a 3 bird pen, when we showed 7 lbs was a great bird.
            Your correct. I went back and reviewed the rules again. Thank You sir.

Comment

My boy win GC in Comal county a few years ago. His birds weighed between 10-12 pounds individually. Called the churkeys

Comment

10-12# birds are possible , on a good year we are there normal years in the high 9s low 10s

Feed never runs out
                Clean fresh water
                Temp changed as birds grow
                Keep them moving all the time
                Buy as many birds as you can.
                We buy 100 to get 2 pens. It does make a difference. Larger pool to select from.

Comment

One or two Bunny rabbits in the pen !! We did quite well with show birds back in the day . Keep the feed , water & air fresh . Be in the pen every 3 hours around the clock for the entire feeding period gently stirring birds . If they are on the feet , they will eat !!!

Comment

Headed to Gillespie county show this morning. Lost a 10.5 lb bird last night while sifting, what a bummer. Whish us luck.

Comment

Dang! I knew raisin chickens was so difficult! Kudos to the kids and parents doing all of the work!

Comment

I don’t know a thing about these chickens or why they have to be “ moved” but. Sounds like you could make a spinner out of broom handles ( like spokes on a wheel.) on a motor mounted to the ground, so the “ blades “ would be 3-4 inches off the ground and set it up like a feeder, on a remote, so it would spin real slow and get them things moving. Again I have no clue, but I would come up with something if I was losing sleep over it.

Comment

Working...
                        X