Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
    i'm ready. gunna be chasing resident canadas instead of teal opening day.
    Yessir!!

Cant wait

Comment

Im ready!

Comment

Originally posted by 11B View Post
        I’m a newbie, no gun, no gear, and no money to get this stuff. So until I have a shotty, a few decoys and a more relative idea about how to go about being successful, I’m going to read and watch as much as I can.
        bingo. im in the same boat. ive been one time, and i wasnt ready..

ive got my scattergun, but no knowledge or experience

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
          bingo. im in the same boat. ive been one time, and i wasnt ready..

ive got my scattergun, but no knowledge or experience
          You're more than welcome to come hunt with me and my buddies if you're okay with public land. The hunting is hit or miss but it's free and we have all the gear you'll need till you get addicted to it

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
            You're more than welcome to come hunt with me and my buddies if you're okay with public land. The hunting is hit or miss but it's free and we have all the gear you'll need till you get addicted to it
            yet ANOTHER reason i love the green screen. i would absolutely love to and count me in! just tell me what i need to bring, where to be and what time and ill be there!!

Comment

Was just about to say that with as many Duck hunters on the GS, we can probably hook you up.

I'm planning on doing more hunting this year and will be looking for anyone wanting to meet up.

Most of the folks I've hunted with are up in Dallas area. The guys in my area have either moved or got on private land.

Its a lot easier to get up at 0'dark thirty knowing someone is waiting on me then going by yourself.

Comment

hully1029 and 11B,

Ya'll are near some great areas to duck hunt public. It does get crowded with Dallas metro being so close, but with some leg work, you can find some spots to get into .

PM me if you're ever interested in hunting in the Austin area.

Comment

I will have some days to take out someone that is new to it. Have more than enough gear, no guided hunt, but close to it. Just no promise on birds.

Comment

Something about duck hunting is just more enjoyable to me with a small group.

The guys I hunt with regularly is a small group of about 6 of us, every single one of us is on the green screen too.

Always willing to bring new people out, all you need is your license (make sure you have your HIP cert, migratory bird endorsement, federal duck stamp, and in some cases, make sure you have your APH permit) get yourself a pair of waders, a shotgun and a box or two of steel shot. Oh and make sure you're on time

Got plenty of gear, no promises on birds but itll be a good time, we usually do fairly well. Traded trips with plenty of other TBHers as well.

Comment

Something about duck hunting is just more enjoyable to me with a small group.

The guys I hunt with regularly is a small group of about 6 of us, every single one of us is on the green screen too.

Always willing to bring new people out, all you need is your license (make sure you have your HIP cert, migratory bird endorsement, federal duck stamp, and in some cases, make sure you have your APH permit) get yourself a pair of waders, a shotgun and a box or two of steel shot. Oh and make sure you're on time

Got plenty of gear, no promises on birds but itll be a good time, we usually do fairly well. Traded trips with plenty of other TBHers as well.

Pretty much exactly what he said. Very seldom will I take out more than a 4 man group. We do well (most of the time)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This drought is going to hurt us this year with a lack of feed, hopefully we can get some more rain and fill up the ponds and lakes in the area and at least have the chance to hold some birds.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Im ready!

Comment

Originally posted by Browning2008 View Post
                              Pretty much exactly what he said. Very seldom will I take out more than a 4 man group. We do well (most of the time)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              You're close enough to me I would take you up on an offer.
                              I'll supply breakfast too.

Comment

Alligator question. Since Anahuac NWR did away with camping in line the night before, and with the flatbill wearing millennials showing up at Justin Hurst by the thousands, we are think about Mad Island or Guadalupe Delta.

ARE ALLIGATORS going to eat our dog????

Also, we are two Dads each with a Teen hunter. One of the teens is a girl and one hell of a hunter. For a group of four, we do pretty well.
                                Last edited by Timemachine; 08-13-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X