X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jason, I loved you way you represented yourself. Your weapon was crafted so much better with the Damascus in the blade. Beautiful work! If it weren't for that stupid little bend you picked up, you win for sure.

Enjoyed the show very much and seeing that power hammer in your shop

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
        l noticed that, and also saw that Doug wasn't square with his last slash with Jason's weapon. He kinda slapped it sideways on the dummy, i think that is where the bend came from.

I want one of Jason's blades, but i'd wager the price just went up

Great job Jason!
        I thought so too. Sure looked like he slapped the dummy with the blade sideways one time with Jason's.

Originally posted by J Wales View Post
        Way to go, Jason. Aside from building a nice weapon, I really appreciated the way you handled yourself throughout the show.
        Yep. No surprise. Jason is as good as gold.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. Second place stung a bit, was fair. Even Mike would tell you that my weapon was better in every respect except the one that mattered.

They caught it good in the post heat treat shot... that bottom end didn't get hard, which caused the bend.

You have to expect some off-center or off-axis hits, not surprised that's part of what stressed my weapon. Yeah, I saw the rope thing on Mike's cut, but it would have cut just fine if he'd used the crescent also.

As far as buying stuff, I'm not a sponsor on here, so I'll not link. Google me and I can be easily found.

Comment

Have always been curious. How much time passes from the time you finish rounds 1-2 in their forge to when you have to start your final round? You have to travel back and plan so was just curious. Also, who keeps you honest to 5 days, does the crew stay at your place in a van to film you each day and make sure you don't work on it when they aren't there?

Always wondered if you are actually both building your final blades at the same time and days, figured it is staggered and shown together in the show.

Comment

I happened to catch the show without ever seeing this thread. That was a tough break. Your weapon really was BA.

Comment

My son (13) and I watched it...I thought you handled it very well...You and your family should be proud !!!

Comment

Beaten by a Garden Gnome.....

Ya did good..............

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                    Always wondered if you are actually both building your final blades at the same time and days, figured it is staggered and shown together in the show.

Some of that is proprietary, but I think it’s ok to say that Mike and I built at the same time. Each had a two man FIF crew. They short the video, do the home interviews, and watch the clock.

So apparently they put this in the intro. I missed it bc of sound issues and will have to catch it next time I watch.

Comment

Awesome and cool

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Beaten by a Garden Gnome.....

Ya did good..............
                        Too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                          Some of that is proprietary, but I think it’s ok to say that Mike and I built at the same time. Each had a two man FIF crew. They short the video, do the home interviews, and watch the clock.

So apparently they put this in the intro. I missed it bc of sound issues and will have to catch it next time I watch.

HAHA, I laughed when I heard this!

Cool info, thanks!

Comment

Congrats. I missed it but it gets recorded so I'll watch it tonight.

Comment

Love this show. That is really cool.

Comment

You did a great job man

Comment

Working...
                                X