No announcement yet.

What’s the best shot you have ever made on a live animal? Bow or Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either the 603 yard shot I made on a west Texas muley with my 7 mag, the two aoudad I killed with one shot from my 7 RSAUM, or every running coyote I killed offhand.

Comment

Shot a running hog at 100 yards with my kids youth model 243

I was hunting south texas in a box blind. A group of Turkeys came down the sendero. They hung up at about 250 yards and were heading back into the brush. The biggest Tom only had his head and neck sticking out and my friend bet me I couldn't hit it with my 22-250. Rolled that bird square in the neck. I'd brag but I don't know if I could do it again.

Comment

I shot 2 snow geese and a speckled belly one time with BB shells in my 870 pump. They were so darn high up in the sky it took about 5 seconds for the shot to get to them and then they just started folding up one a time. Something cool about seeing geese fall out of the sky from that high. Let me put it this way.. I fired three shots and then completely lowered my gun to my side. I was viewing the flock for several seconds and suddenly they started folding up one at a time

Comment

Axis buck at 250 yards while he was jogging across a ridge line. Using my FIL .243. Hit him good, but he ran/fell a good 100 yards down into the gorge. Made a heck of a racket.

Comment

I busted a bird with a football during practice. Does that count?

Comment

Back when I was about 10 y/o I was one handing my Daisy BB gun at a bird in a small oak tree trying to point it out to a friend.....probably 20-30 yards away, pulled the trigger and shot that bird right in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by bear View Post
                double lunged my elk this year at 41yds.... first time to ever be close to a bull elk with a bow in my hand. Sooooooo very grateful to bring that rascal home in the truck
                Have you posted pics and story yet?

Comment

Smoked a nice 140" 9 pt at 590 yds this year with the trusty 7mm.

Comment

2 gobblers with 1 shot @275 yards with my .243
                    Hit the first one in the head and the 2nd one in the chest. Had a jeep full of people including my Dad and my lil brother. One had a 9" beard and the other was 11.5"

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                      Have you posted pics and story yet?

yes sir

Comment

I always feel more shocked when I hit a moving bird with a shotgun.

Comment

I punched a hog on the run at a 100 yards open sights with my father in law and grandfather in law watching. They prefaced the shot with, "No way in hell!" I agreed with them... but turns out the stars aligned. My favorite part was handing Dad the rifle and saying... easy shot, and walking off like I knew it was going to happen. Fake it till you make it.

Comment

Two shots, a pig running at 40 yds, gave it a 7ft lead. A caribou on the north slope at 84 yds. When I made these shots I was able to shoot a 6in group at 90yds with broadheads.

Comment

Several deer at 568 yards with my 6.5 Creedmoor, I had the area baited and knew my dope.
                              6 crows in 1 shot with my 260 Remington. I poured a line of corn down the road at about 175 yards hoping deer would show up, when the crows landed in a perfect single file line. I guess the 130 berger blew up on the first or second one and shrapnel got the rest.

Comment

Water Moccasin at 20 yrds in the head with my bow. I pinned him to the side of the bank in the creek.

Comment

Working...
                                X