Who makes the most durable game Cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two years - it's still new as before

I have use the WingHome trail camera for almost 2 years, they still works as the same when I bought them. What's more, maybe because I have put the security box on, there is no damage to the appearance as well.

Comment

Reconyx if I could afford one

Comment

Don't know which is the most durable

I have a couple of Brownings for several years, take good pictures and one got ants in it. Contacted Browning and they replaced it for free with no receipt and many years old.

Got a couple of Moultries, started with 3. Don't know model but they were cheap (~$40) . 2 still going strong, 1 got burned up by some kind of batteries a rep gave me that looked like normal AA but were 3.2v lithiums

Have 3 WGI going now at the house. Little over a year old and do fine. Total cost for all 3 was ~$45 at WM on clearance. Everybody badmouths them (and mostly for good reason) but I have had decent luck with them. And for $15 ea I would buy some more

If I was buying a camera to put at a lease that was hours away I would probably go with the Brownings

Comment

been running a browning strike force for 3 years.

Comment

I run 11 cameras years round
            7 WGI last 1-3 years and counting
            2 stealthcam 1 lasted 4 years and the other only takes day pics now @ 6 months
            1 Moultrie 6+ years
            1 tasco ( super cheap) crappy pics but 2 yrs and counting
            1 spypoint that's @ 1 year w built in solar

other than whats been gifted to me I get all of them on clearance

Comment

As most people on here I have purchased just about every brand on the market. I have 14 cameras. As of now, the only two I would never purchase again would be a Tasco or a Stealth Cam. These two have been the most inconsistent cameras for me.

Comment

I know y'all are going to call BS, nut I've got one camera that is, no joke, going on almost 10 years. I've left it out from usually August-January and it's still kicking along. Uses a 6v sla battery and a battery will last the whole time it's out, no solar panel. It's an 8mp camera with IR.

Got another camera that's a cheap 4mp from walmart and still going after 4 years. Batteries last for the same time period as above.

Guess what brand they are...............******* coming.................WGI.

I know they got and deserved a bad rap long ago but they have served me well.

One thing I've figured out, most people don't play with them to know the best height or angle to mount them and then gripe cause they don't work to their expectations. Just saying. But to each his own.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a Scoutguard for several years that I used on my backyard feeder. It finally bit the dust and I purchased some Bushnell cameras. I had one at the lease for 4 years and worked flawlessly until the birds pecked a hole in it and water got in. I have another Bushnell that's been out for 1.5 years, but just started having some trouble with it. Blacked out photos and blurry photos for the most part. I took it apart last week and found a little water in the battery housing. I removed the back of the camera housing as well to let it dry in case any water got in there. It's at the house under testing right now.

I also have a Browning that is working exceptionally well for over a year. Batteries have lasted over a year and it takes awesome photos. The only issue I have with the Browning is the camera case changed colors from camo to a bright blue due to sun exposure. I'm going to take it down and repaint it this winter.

I'm sticking with Browning cameras from now on.

Comment

I have two of the Brownings, one is the Dark Ops HD Pro, the other is the Strike Force HD Pro. They both work very well, matter of fact the Dark Ops went about 3 ft under water for a few days when we had all the rain a few weeks ago. I figured it was toast. When the water went down I went to get it from the tree, I opened the camera hoping to salvage the card from it. When I opened the bottom hatch to get the card the camera was still working. I took it home dried it out for a few days, and it's still working like new today.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                      I know y'all are going to call BS, nut I've got one camera that is, no joke, going on almost 10 years. I've left it out from usually August-January and it's still kicking along. Uses a 6v sla battery and a battery will last the whole time it's out, no solar panel. It's an 8mp camera with IR.

Got another camera that's a cheap 4mp from walmart and still going after 4 years. Batteries last for the same time period as above.

Guess what brand they are...............******* coming.................WGI.

I know they got and deserved a bad rap long ago but they have served me well.

One thing I've figured out, most people don't play with them to know the best height or angle to mount them and then gripe cause they don't work to their expectations. Just saying. But to each his own.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                      Correct, WGI got a bad rap a long time ago. However, I have one that has been working just fine for the past 6 years. I also have 3 Moultrie's that are a couple years old with one of those already crapping out.

Comment

I’ve always had Moultrie but this year I bought a browning. So far it has been hands down the best cam I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had pretty good luck with the Covert Mp8 Black. They have a 2 year warranty, and also an upgrade policy. I'm sending 2 back that bit the dust, and they are replacing them for $73 ea.. One is 5 years old, the other is 3 or 4 years old. Just ordered 4 more from Eders on close out for $78 ea plus shipping. Normal price online is around $100.

Comment

We have been using the Exodus cameras the last 3 or 4 years, they come with a 5 year no BS warranty although we have never need the warranty, the seven we own are all still working just fine. The only downfall we have seen is they recommend using lithium batteries in them and the batteries are expensive but 1 set of batteries will last all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Thompso View Post
                              I have use the WingHome trail camera for almost 2 years, they still works as the same when I bought them. What's more, maybe because I have put the security box on, there is no damage to the appearance as well.
                              Here are the photos taken with my WingHome trail camera and the camera itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X