Question about San Saba county.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about San Saba county.

I’m heading to San Saba county this weekend to take my son and a couple of his friends hunting on a buddy’s place near Cherokee. I was wondering if anyone had been hunting in that area in the past few days and knew what the deer movement has been like with the cold weather? The conditions look pretty good for the weekend.

Deer aren’t moving that great. To much to eat still.

Comment

It’s been pretty slow. Hope it gets better this weekend.

Comment

The wind tomorrow will bed them down. I bet Sat morning will be good though.

Comment

I had planned to head to the lease Thursday but 30+ mph north winds plus 40 degrees and falling with afternoon rain/sleet helped me decide to wait one more day. Still very green and spotty deer movement.

Comment

I'm going tomorrow. Will get settled in before the wind and possible sleet. Pull cards etc. Then sit by the wood burning stove until the 4 TBHers show up Friday around 1pm for the hunt. Hope we can make it a live hunt!

Comment

They don't like the cold. Last weekend my grandson and I saw two young deer in two hunts. Cam pics from the weekend before had lots of activity when it was 75.

There was a 158 inch 10 pointer that moved the last day before the gun opener. He died. LOL.

Comment

Movement should pick up Thursday/ Friday. I have yet to see a decent shooter buck this year on my please in Cherokee.

Comment

That’s what I’ve been hearing. My buddies said they haven’t seen any real shooters all season and that there was plenty of food so they weren’t really coming to the feeders. I’m hoping that things will be different this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X