No announcement yet.

Cost of reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading is therapeutic and fun. It's a challenge to unlock the accuracy of a rifle by changing the variables - powder, bullet wt, COL. I would reload if there was no savings just to have the satisfaction of making something accurate myself. I feel like there is at least a 50% savings.

That said, I wouldn't reload for auto loading pistols or ARs if the plan is quantity over accuracy. I do reload for my .223 and 6x45 ARs but I only shoot one at the time for accuracy and dead piggies.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
      If you consider cost of equipment, labor and components you would have to shoot a lot more than 200 rounds a year to even think about breaking even.

If you are looking for a hobby, want to wring the most accuracy out of a round, compete in a shooting sport or just like a room full of reloading stuff....go for it!

Comment

I got a friend into reloading about 12 years ago. He is now into the long range game. He says he wishes I had got him hooked on heroin. It would have been cheaper.

Comment

You won't save any money, just shoot a lot more.

Comment

I don't save money any more on it because I keep adding things ... lol!
            Basically load for everything I own, its way more accurate, way more consistent, and when I kill something with a reload it is very gratifying.
            And its fun too.

Comment

Working...
            X