Starline vs Lapua brass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starline vs Lapua brass?

Has anyone compared Starline vs Lapua brass? I have purchased some Lapua brass for 260 and 308 and Starline brass for 458 socom but I only have 1 firing on the Starline so I can’t compare them yet.

At the price point Starline is a steal some quick google search’s it apears Starline is decent. Do any of y’all serious shooters have any first hand comparisons?

Lapua and its not even close

Comment

Starline probably makes the best straight wall brass you can find, I think you'll find many who reload for revolver calibers or 45-70 prefer it. They haven't been producing bottle neck cartridges for more than a few years, so I couldn't tell you how those are, but Lapua certainly is good stuff.

Comment

I have zero experience with Starline brass and for my custom rifles and cartridges, Lapua is the only brass I'll use

I reload with Lapua due to the consistency (weight, primer pocket uniformity, flash holes, neck wall thickness, etc... ) and longevity of brass life. I can push Lapua brass to the extremes (over 4,000 fps in my 17 Little Nasty and 20 Beggs) and primer pockets are still tight after 35-40 firings.

Under these same conditions, domestic brass only lasted 5-8 firings as the primer pockets expanded rendering the brass useless and in the trash can

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          I have zero experience with Starline brass and for my custom rifles and cartridges, Lapua is the only brass I'll use

I reload with Lapua due to the consistency (weight, primer pocket uniformity, flash holes, neck wall thickness, etc... ) and longevity of brass life. I can push Lapua brass to the extremes (over 4,000 fps in my 17 Little Nasty and 20 Beggs) and primer pockets are still tight after 35-40 firings.

Under these same conditions, domestic brass only lasted 5-8 firings as the primer pockets expanded rendering the brass useless and in the trash can
          That’s what I figured was going to be the general consensus. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
          X