New Blind Location...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Blind Location...

After this season I am hoping to move my blind to a new location. Hoping the GS can give me some adive... The blue line a a small ravine that runs through the property. I was hoping to stay on the higher side in one of the 3 circles. Any advice is welcome. White arrow is north.
    Attached Files

Something you need to consider if by a ravine and quick elevation changes are not only wind direction, but more so read into thermals. Morning and Evening thermals can push scent directions you didn't think to consider.

You still need to always play the wind regardless.

Comment

Hard to say from this picture. If your set on that area, I’d focus on deer traveling the edge of the ravine and avoid being dire north or south. I would want a clear view of the ravine if that’s the natural travel route on the property

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Ravine may have been to strong of a word... more of a creek bed when it rains and water runs.

Comment

I always try to place my blind on the NW side of my hunting area. The places I have hunted, that always gave me the least percentage of being down wind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAddict View Post
            Something you need to consider if by a ravine and quick elevation changes are not only wind direction, but more so read into thermals. Morning and Evening thermals can push scent directions you didn't think to consider.

You still need to always play the wind regardless.
            I had a creek bottom that had hills on both sides that I simply could not hunt because of the swirling winds. If you’re relatively flat you should be able to hunt the N side on any kind of S wind, but as AA said, evening thermals tend to take your scent to the lowest elevations, i.e., the creek bed.

Comment

Depends how steep so called ravine is. Get just off of it in an area that the top is less steep near a game trail. Deer are lazy animals and will take easy route most often. Being up off the ravine a bit gives game a false sense of security if they know they can bolt down into creek bottom when the sense danger presents itself. This strategy worked for me many times. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you move the middle one down a little will it give you two shooting lanes south and east? That would be my pic... also you might put three game camera's out there and see what they see

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. Hoping to get back out there and take another look. I do like ArcheryNerd idea and will make that my first stop.

R

Comment

Working...
                  X