Covert Blackhawk LTE - Low Battery Indicator issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert Blackhawk LTE - Low Battery Indicator issue

I have a Blackhawk LTE version showing "Low Battery" and then shuts down. So here is what I have tried:

1) My normal setup is with the amazon basics Ni-MH 1.2v 2400mAh rechargeable batteries with the covert solar panel. This was working for over a year but recently started to get "Low Battery" indicator and the camera shuts down. I pulled the batteries and recharged them in my recharger and put them back in and still got the "Low Battery" indicator followed by it shutting down.
    2) I replaced those batteries with rechargeable Energizer 2300mAh and I get the same issue.
    3) I unplugged the solar panel and replaced those batteries with regular Energizer Max batteries and same issue.
    4) I cleaned the connectors with white vinegar and made sure the surface contacts on the connectors were cleaned and get the same issue no matter the setup 1-3 as stated before.

I was able to get the camera to boot long enough to do a firmware update yesterday, but then it got the "Low Battery" indicator and shut off again.

Has anyone else seen this and did you find a fix or are there any other suggestions I can try?
    Last edited by SnJGuin; 10-06-2020, 07:57 AM.

I had the same thing happen. Tried every fix they told me to do. Including changing out the SD card and an update. Finally sent it in for repair and received a new one back.

Comment

Thanks... I submitted a support request with them.

Comment

For sure sounds like a hardware issue.

Comment

I sent it back to Covert so they can do some testing. They said they think they can fix it so we will see.

Comment

Looks like Covert couldn't fix it, I just got a new one in the mail.

Comment

Working...
            X