Correct!
    Originally posted by ladrones View Post
    Lottery only.
    Ok...thought so.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
      Lottery only.
      Dang right it is a lottery for NR especially now. Except more expensive and I don't win millions if I get lucky. Ha ha ha

Good luck to all of those who are in it though!

Comment

Sorry Eastmans had it wrong. It's on the 28th
        Got mine done today.

Comment

Where all you elk hunters at?

Spent two hours at the gym today after work, been counting calories for over a month now with going over only two days total. Gave up sodas, only had 2 all year and even gave up sweet tea 3 weeks ago.
          Haven't had a beer in a couple weeks now and eating healthy.....hunting season isn't too far away!

Comment

Watching the Bownanza thread, and bouncing between other forums.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post

Spent two hours at the gym today after work, been counting calories for over a month now with going over only two days total. Gave up sodas, only had 2 all year and even gave up sweet tea 3 weeks ago.
              Haven't had a beer in a couple weeks now and eating healthy.....hunting season isn't too far away!
              Way too early to start working out for me. I don't want to peak too soon.
              I usually start after July 4th and am good to go for Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post

I've dropped 7lbs over the past two weeks. Laying off sweets, and fast food. Baby steps.

Comment

Down over thirty pounds, still can't run/jog for shiat, but been using up to 75lbs for 6.5 miles. Still need to track down some good hills to run that I can access without having to drive an hour. Hitting the weights, shooting the Sage and thinking about leaving the compound at home for CO. Don't know if that's wise or not, but I figure I will know by September.

Comment

Well, I have three different units that some people have helped steer me towards. Pretty excited, but I know now the real work begins. I have got to get on the phone with some biologists and start asking a lot of questions.

Could yall give me some specific questions that I may or may not have remembered?
                    What kind of data and information am I looking for?
                    Just don't want to sound like a complete dumbazz, like I'm probably sounding like now.
                    All of the units I was given are basically in the same general vicinity, so I'm hoping that this is a good start seeing as how three different people are telling me about this area. It is probably hundreds of square miles, but I'm still excited. Now, back to getting in shape.

Comment

Make sure to find out if there are any major hiking trails and where they are, you will want to avoid these which is hard to do if you don't know they are there.

What is the most inaccessible canyon in the unit? (That's where you want to go.)

Comment

If I am going into an area cold I look where I can drive to the highest trailhead. I then look for the heads of drainages and plan a route to cover them out to about 5 miles. Identify several of these with the creek and trail names and run that past the biologists and wardens. The key is asking informed specific questions. Use Google Earth with the Topo plugin.

To find trails, identify the mountain range or wilderness you are going in to and do a search for trails. There is a lot of info out there. You can also gauge their popularity with them as well. As 3d said, in Sept you are likely to encounter hikers on the established trails especially on the weekends.

Usually you can use the major trail for a while until you get into the heart of the country then get off to investigate those drainages. I like to look for saddles and benches on creek drainages.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                          Way too early to start working out for me. I don't want to peak too soon.
                          I usually start after July 4th and am good to go for Sept.
                          I'm with you Brother

Comment

How difficult was it for everyone to acclimate to the different altitudes? Do I need to take it easy for the first couple of days? I was thinking about using something called Altitude Advantage from Wilderness Athlete and drinking plenty of water and electrolytes. Still getting in shape, but you never know how you will react to such an extreme elevation change.

Comment

Originally posted by marshrat View Post
                              How difficult was it for everyone to acclimate to the different altitudes? Do I need to take it easy for the first couple of days? I was thinking about using something called Altitude Advantage from Wilderness Athlete and drinking plenty of water and electrolytes. Still getting in shape, but you never know how you will react to such an extreme elevation change.
                              Last year I drove in the day before the season started and immediately started scouting via foot pretty hard... I'll say that first day or two was pretty tough, but after that eveything was fine... Just be sure to drink lots of water.

Comment

will be in chama again this year and can't wait... gona start training when i finish this dr.pepper....LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X