The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codie View Post
    I have got to get my application in ASAP and have never done it before. I have read the NMGF several times and I can't figure out what I HAVE to fill out/apply for and what I don't have to fill out/apply for. I already have a CIN from when I purchased a landowner tag, but have never put in for the draw. Can anyone give me a simple explanation of what particular links/applications I need to complete my draw application? I thought NMGF only hit you for about a $20-$25 fee when you applied and then refunded part of it if you didn't draw. From what I am reading they hit you for the full $600 and then refund the $575-$580 if you don't draw (which one is correct?)
    I put in last week.

You need the hunt list for the specific unit/date/weapon code for each of your choices.

That can be found from a link on the NMGF website (hunting). Then you just go in to "purchase" a license and you will have to buy your license for 65 or 75 with habitat stamps.(select refund option on this or you will buy a license even if you do not draw) You then go in and make your hunt choices. You will get hit for 855 total unless you select standard quality choices and then your total charge will be ~200 less I think. This is all refunded to you if you do not draw minus the $20 fee for non res application...

PM me if you have questions

Comment

ttt

Comment

got that application competed and crossing my fingers that I am heading to New Mexico in 6 months

Comment

Is it April 24th yet?

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
            Is it April 24th yet?
            No joke! First time for me to put in for a draw and I have zero patience lol

Comment

Hope to get drawn in N.M.... crossing fingers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TxCazador View Post
                Hope to get drawn in N.M.... crossing fingers!!!
                Mine too!

Comment

Got some bugling bull calls coming my way got till September to get good with them and more importantly when to use them

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro80 View Post
                    Got some bugling bull calls coming my way got till September to get good with them and more importantly when to use them
                    The brown reed is money!

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                      New Mexico deadline is 3/20.
                      This is my year! My biggest problem is gonna be how I can hunt both NM and AZ this year

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
                        This is my year! My biggest problem is gonna be how I can hunt both NM and AZ this year
                        If you picked the gilla hunt both sides of the fence

Comment

We are in for the NM draw! Three of us put in with the outfitter pool even though we are DIY.
                          Good luck to everyone....except if you are putting in for our unit....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                            We are in for the NM draw! Three of us put in with the outfitter pool even though we are DIY.
                            Do tell...are you guys getting a drop camp, packed in etc....?

Comment

Jim Welles?

Comment

If you do it this way just make sure your outfitter meets his requirements, if not you are on the hook for the citation. I heard there was one doing it in that area that was not spending his alloted time with the hunters that F&G was keeping tabs on.

Comment

Working...
                                X