Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Workout Accountability thread!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed Friday since we were headed to the lease. I'm pretty sure i got my workout in fixing my blind and filing feeders.

I missed today as well. The weekend wore me plum OUT!

Comment

This past weekend really kick my arse and I didn't wanna get outta the bed this morning, but I did. Took a little while to get motivated, but I got her done. Back and leg supersets 15 reps with 5 seconds contraction hold every 5 reps.

3 sets

BB row pronated grip/incline leg press/incline situp
      BB row supinated grip/super squat
      v-bar lat pulldown/leg extension/ab roller
      Overhead lat pull/bilateral leg press

Gonna try and get back in the box tomorrow for a 10x10 day.

Comment

I missed yesterday out of pure laziness. Woke up groggy and what felt like a hangover and stayed in bed...

Made it this morning. 17 mins of stairs, (4) 500 meter rowing sprints, core circuit and finished with my bicep PT and calve raises. Maybe chest and tri's tomorrow.

Avoiding my first real leg workout since march like the freaking plaque

Comment

What was supposed to be chest and leg supersets turned into just a chest day since everyone else decided it was leg day. Actually got in a little early today so I got to knock out a real good chest burner despte some guy wanting to talk about his New England Patriots team all morning. Warmed up on the treadmill and the bicycle then three warm up sets of cable fly then 3 working sets.

Seated wide grip chest press/incline situp
          Incline chest press on smith machine every setting all the way to flat bench/incline situp
          Incline DB fly all the way to flat bench
          DB press/ab roller

Comment

Started out being a superset shoulders and leg day and then everyone started cutting me off on the equipment. I got enough done, just not the way I intended. Oh well, I'll hit it again tomorrow for some arms and finish the leg stuff I didn't get to do today.

Comment

My fuel tank is running on empty this week. Dragged myself in to the gym this morning and made it happen. Treadmill, bicycle and abduction machine then 3 warmup sets and 3 working giant sets with abs. Still doing 15 reps with 5 second contraction holds every 5 reps.

Preacher curl/seated chest press machine/overhead cable extension/incline situp
              BB curl/bodyweight dips/intermediate grip seated chest press/incline leg raise
              Hammer curl/cable pushdown/chest fly/incline situp
              Overhead cable curl/cable kickback/incline situp

I need sleep!

Comment

I'm now on injured reserve. First thought is was a sore hip but now I'm thinking my old sciatic nerve problem has reared its ugly head again. Very, very disappointed right when things were really starting to come together.

Comment

I've made it all three days this week so far.

Monday-back and legs
                  Tuesday chest and biceps
                  Wednesday-back and legs

Tomorrow is tri's and shoulders.

Comment

Killed it Sunday and missed Mon/Tues.

Made it this AM for Cardio and chest!

Comment

Made it this morning and got it done despite not having much energy for it. chest and tricep supersets.

Incline chest press on smith machine all the way to the bottom/bodyweight dips/ab roller
                      Seated wide grip chest press/Cable press down/incline situp
                      Cable fly/overhead rope extension/incline situp

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Back at it again this morning. Sunday afternoon naps are the BEST. Especially when you wake up and the Packers are losing!

A short warmup on the read mill followed by three warmup sets and 3 working sets. Chest and back supersets kicked my arse this morning!

Incline smith machine chest press every setting/bent over BB rows between each setting of chest press/knees to chest
                        Seated wide grip chest press/T-bar row/incline situp
                        Cable crossover/bilateral lat pulldown/incline situp

Leg day tomorrow.

Comment

I've still been at it 4-5 times a week, just forget to post.

I turned 42 yesterday and am looking to really buckle down on my diet, starting with intermittent fasting and carb reduction.

I got my wellness check results yesterday and found that my T was at 557, up from 440 last year, which is strange. I expected it to be much lower than last year just based on how I feel and how my body has reacted to exercise.

Something I could use help with, I also found out that I am insulin sensitive, very much so, like at the top of the chart of sensitivity. I've read a little about this, but can someone explain it to me like I'm 5?. I don't understand much of the blood sugar/insulin stuff, never really had to worry about it...how could being insulin sensitive affect my food choices or how SHOULD it affect my food choices if I'm trying to lose 10-15lbs? Does anyone know if that means a high carb diet would be better for me? Or sticking with low carb would be better? Or does it not affect anything either way?
                          Last edited by jshouse; 10-20-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I can't help you on the insulin sensitivity, but I'd recommend talking with your PCP about it. I'm 61 and the last time I had my T checked I was at 550. Doc said I was in the normal range, but I can't convince him that just because I'm in the "normal range" doesn't mean it's my optimal range. Everyone's different. I may try and see a urologist soon.

I kicked my own arse this morning. The first if two leg days this week. Added biceps jut so I could give my legs some rest. This time under tension training is awesome! Leg and bicep supersets with 3 warmup sets and 3 working sets of 15 reps.

Supersquat facing in/calf raises/preacher curl/incline situp
                            Prone leg curl/BB curl/incline leg raises
                            Supersquat facing out/hammer curl bar/ab roller
                            Leg press sled/calf raises/arm blaster curl/incline situp

Comment

Ran 2.5 miles Sunday and knocked our some Cardio, Core, and PT yesterday AM.

Our AC went out yesterday and the house was never below 78 last night so that means no sleep for me... Was not feeling it at all this am...

Comment

Did 30 miles with my Son on Sunday.

I had a vacation day set up for yesterday and nothing on the agenda so I set out for my Century ride. 100.2 miles was no joke.

Felt great up until the 80 mile mark and started to feel it. With about 7 miles left I start getting some cramps in my quads but I pushed through it. I did it Solo so that made it extra tough.

3700 cals burned.
                                5hr 27mins
                                18.4 MPH AVG over the ride

I was pretty dang tired after that and feel it in shoulders and butt today. Shoulders are from being in the same position on my aero bars for so many hours. Legs surprisingly bounced back today. Guess all the training ive done this year has them very conditioned. 56 miles away from 2000 miles ridden this year, my first year to get into cycling.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X