No announcement yet.

Heroin Addict Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m sorry you’re going through this...it sounds all too familiar. My family is in the same boat as my sister has been an addict for 22 years. We have tried 5 or 6 rehabs, interventions, multiple iterations of “tough love”...which will never work as a mother will never let their child suffer. My sister is 40 next month and has not been working, claiming disability, and sucking my parents dry ($3k/mo or so) for this entire period. There have been periods of apparent sobriety but it doesn’t last long. I’ve worried less about her and more about my parents the last 10 years or so. Opioids are the devil. Sorry you’re going through this, but you’re not alone...wish I had better(or any) advice for you. Prayers up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have nothing to add other than it’s heartbreaking to hear all these stories of loved ones lost to addiction. This thread is proof how widespread it is. It seems everybody knows somebody affected by this plague - if not family members, friends or kids of friends.

Comment

I would drag him out to the hills for as long as it took to over come the withdrawals them keep em close and active and positive as best I could. Anything for family no matter how bad.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family. I lost a BIL to drug addiction. Very hard on the family

Comment

Sorry y’all are going though that. I’ve seen my mom go through it with my uncle (her brother) and it drags the whole family down. Unfortunately you can’t help somebody that doesn’t want to be helped. My uncle is 66 now and still living that life. I myself am waiting for the phone call that he was found dead on a street somewhere.

Comment

Heroin and PCP are the worst. He’s gotta figure it out or die.

Comment

I’m a probation officer, and if we have an offender that wants to seek out and initiate their own inpatient treatment program we would definitely approve the request, especially if it was within Texas. As long as we know where the offender will be residing and get periodic progress updates it should not be a problem, unless he is ordered to remain within a specific county. Then it is just a matter of asking the Court for permission to travel to attend the residential rehab program. I would suspect he will tell you what you want to hear, i.e. I really want to go and get the help I need, but my PO won’t let me. A call to his PO might be helpful. The PO might not give you much specific info about his case due to confidentiality, but he/she can talk in generalities and hypothetical situations about what happens if an offender comes to them and requests permission to attend their own residential substance abuse treatment program in Texas. If the PO tell you that is not allowable and offenders are only allowed to attend rehab programs run by the State of Texas, then you know tour brother is telling you the truth.

Comment

Opioid crisis has a lot to with doctors they give them away like candy... once you get hooked...

Comment

Rapha House & Alabaster Jar Ministry in Mathis, Tx is supposed to be pretty good and Charlies place in CC, these are the only ones I know about. I knew guy that was on drugs and was in/out of rehabs from Fl. to Tx. Rapha House seemed to work the best for him. He actually got straight, full time job, married and they had little boy. He fell off the wagon, got strung out, had a heart attack and died. He was in his mid thirties. Thats a hard roller coaster ride, I hope things work out for the best

Comment

Cajun blake hit it dead on !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        My honest opinion based on what Double C has shared .... sadly your brother doesn’t want to quit doing heroin and get sober Your family has spent thousands of dollars trying to help him, while offering support, tough love, and talking til your blue in the face. He’s been to treatment numerous times and knows how the system works. He knows the treatment terminology and what to tell the counselors. The end result is always the same; short term sobriety then he relapses and ends up back in jail. It’s a vicious cycle that takes a heavy toll on the family and loved ones, especially mothers.

IMO, continue to pray and offer support, but do not spend any more money trying to fix the problem. When your brother is “sick and tired” of being sick and tired perhaps then he will get serious about recovery. The addict has to admit that he/she is powerless and they have to commit 100% to getting help. Your brother’s previous actions of leaving treatment early confirm he ain’t ready.

I wish I could be more optimistic; however, I’m calling it like I see it after dealing with my own addiction for 35+ years. Your brother doesn’t have to go to the best treatment center in the country to beat addiction. He needs to do some serious soul searching and decide if he wants to live or die with a needle in his arm. This may sound harsh but it’s the reality of a drug addict. FYI I’m praying for him and your family. Feel free to PM if you want to talk
                        Couldn't have been said any better. Everyone in the world and all the money ever printed will not change him a bit. Your brother has to make that decision for himself.

Comment

Really floored by Everyone taking the time to reply and offer insight and prayers and suggestions. Appreciate it amigos.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                            My wifes been to la hacienda twice now. And very recently. Not drugs, but alcohol. She did great while in there, but has come out both times and not changed a bit. Its completely up to the person to want it. Going to file for divorce on mon. She has torn our family to shreds.
                            Prayers sent to you and your family

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                              Prayers sent to you and your family

I've dealt with this with my younger brother as well. He worked for me when he got addicted and I would take him every morning before work to the methadone clinic for months. My business was suffering because of it because we were always late to jobs. He finally got clean and in 3 months was addicted again. I fired him. My mom kept enabling him and he robbed her blind. Pawned everything that wasn't nailed down. Most everything my dad left behind when he passed was gone. Guns, fishing equipment, tools. All gone. He finally got caught stealing a guys tool box out of his garage and the guy beat the s$!t out of him before calling the police. He ended up in prison for a year and came out clean. Started hanging with his old crowd again and went right back to using. Got pulled over for drunk driving and arrested for possession of heroin. Went back to the pen again for another year. Finally got clean and stayed clean but 2 years later got arrested again for dwi and went back to the pen for 6mo. Found Christ while there this time. He's been clean now for 4 years and has a good job and doing pretty good. I pray for him a lot. I'll add your brother when I do.

Last edited by rolylane6; 10-17-2020, 07:32 PM.

Comment

No advice but prayers to him and your family.

Comment

Working...
                                X