COVID has cancelled my opener -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COVID has cancelled my opener -

Well im out for the opener and a few weeks longer looks like.

Doing much better than I was two weeks ago. Tested positive on the 18th and went down hill pretty quick. They discharged me from a 9 day hospital stay yesterday and am now able to recover at home with oxygen. All my labs have came back into normal ranges. The plasma treatment and Remdisivir anti viral IV meds seem to have helped tremendously.

Glad to be home with family again. Still a ways to go to get off of the oxygen. Not sure how long that will take.

Ive lost over 30 pounds in the last two weeks so Ive got some work to do there. Still feel pretty week. Home Health physical therapy is coming in to help out with that.

I understand this virus has so many different symptoms and affects people differently. I have friends with family members that weren't so fortunate. That's what kept going through my mind when they admitted me. Was I coming out. Lord willing with the network of friends and family praying nonstop, i believe that's why im home today!

Wife tested positive on Wednesday and they seem to be treating her well with standard medications and steroids.

My dad is still in Shreveport hospital and seems to be improving daily. they are using oxygen chamber therapy on him. He will be in there atleast another week

Appreciate all the prayers and texts!!!

I will encourage you if you were positive to please consider a blood/plasma donation!!! so many people are benefiting from it, including me. As soon as im available I will be making a donation. it may just save a life!!

ill be checking in for some bowkills tomorrow! Good luck everyone.

i still have Kansas slated for 11/9...we will be there!!

Glad to see you post. There has been a lot of prayers sent up from TBH.

Comment

Do you have an idea of how you caught it? Exposure to family that had been exposed or someone else.

Comment

How do you think you caught the virus?

Comment

Keep fighting it Spud! More prayers sent for you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Do you have an idea of how you caught it? Exposure to family that had been exposed or someone else.
            Not sure

I work independently at work and have avoided big crowds and Walmart. Only thing I can think of is kids brought it home from school. Maybe a drive thru or something.

Haven’t been around my family. Dad and his brothers all went camping together so that’s how they all exposed each other

Comment

Glad to hear you are getting better. Prayers up for The Family!

Comment

Thank goodness your on the mend. The season is long so focus on recovery

Comment

Glad to see you post. Prayers continue for you and your family

Comment

Glad to hear you are better!

Comment

Sorry to hear that you’ll be missing the opener!

My father in law traveled the same path. He is 86 yoa and has recovered to the point of being bitchy and crusty again!

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                        Well im out for the opener and a few weeks longer looks like.

Doing much better than I was two weeks ago. Tested positive on the 18th and went down hill pretty quick. They discharged me from a 9 day hospital stay yesterday and am now able to recover at home with oxygen. All my labs have came back into normal ranges. The plasma treatment and Remdisivir anti viral IV meds seem to have helped tremendously.

Glad to be home with family again. Still a ways to go to get off of the oxygen. Not sure how long that will take.

Ive lost over 30 pounds in the last two weeks so Ive got some work to do there. Still feel pretty week. Home Health physical therapy is coming in to help out with that.

I understand this virus has so many different symptoms and affects people differently. I have friends with family members that weren't so fortunate. That's what kept going through my mind when they admitted me. Was I coming out. Lord willing with the network of friends and family praying nonstop, i believe that's why im home today!

Wife tested positive on Wednesday and they seem to be treating her well with standard medications and steroids.

My dad is still in Shreveport hospital and seems to be improving daily. they are using oxygen chamber therapy on him. He will be in there atleast another week

Appreciate all the prayers and texts!!!

I will encourage you if you were positive to please consider a blood/plasma donation!!! so many people are benefiting from it, including me. As soon as im available I will be making a donation. it may just save a life!!

ill be checking in for some bowkills tomorrow! Good luck everyone.

i still have Kansas slated for 11/9...we will be there!!

We got your feeder going. Boys are welcome to go with us one weekend while you are getting back on your feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on the recovery! I had a round of it back in early Aug., 3 days in hospital with some pneumonia from it, came home much better. The fatigue will be overwhelming at first and its a slow process from it, at least for us. Feel very normal now but I believe there's still some leftovers in my lungs.
                          Just keep plugging along and you'll be fine.

Comment

thx for posting brother, glad you're doing better and more prayers sent

Comment

Glad you're on the mend Spud. I'll put in a prayer for your wife and family too.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                              X