Alaska hunt not starting well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend and I were supposed to fly out tomorrow for a moose and caribou hunt but it has got partially derailed already. We took our covid test that is required to get in Alaska and wouldn’t you know he tested positive. We figured it might have been false since he has had no symptoms. He was going to retest today but now he lost his taste and smell. Still no other symptoms. I guess I’m flying solo now. I pray he doesn’t have a bad reaction and that I do not get it. I guess I have an excuse to go back next year with him.

Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey at least you didn't test positive! You still going to get to fly?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
        Hey at least you didn't test positive! You still going to get to fly?
        Yes I’ll be on my way in the morning. Should start hunting caribou on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by deep n the heat View Post
          Yes I’ll be on my way in the morning. Should start hunting caribou on Monday.
          Make the most of it, go for it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry. Dang

Comment

I pray he doesn’t have a bad reaction and that I do not get it. I guess I have an excuse to go back next year with him.
              Sorry to hear about your friend and the hunt. Have you had close exposure to him? Seems risky to expose your guide and people on your flights if you’re concerned you might have contracted it too.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                Sorry to hear about your friend and the hunt. Have you had close exposure to him? Seems risky to expose your guide and people on your flights if you’re concerned you might have contracted it too.
                The only exposure I had was when we were tested. We were more than 6’ apart and had masks on. I’m more concerned about a plane full of people than what when I was by him.

Comment

Sorry to hear that!!

Comment

The only exposure I had was when we were tested. We were more than 6’ apart and had masks on. I’m more concerned about a plane full of people than what when I was by him.

Gotcha, I figure flights are relatively safe now with so many less people flying but maybe travel is busier than I realized, or they’re running less flights. Either way, hope you stay healthy and have a great hunt.

Comment

FIFY

His Alaska hunt is not starting very well...

Comment

Best of luck!

After moose hunting last year and us killing one, a solo hunt would be one heck of a tall order especially breaking one down to pack to a landing strip. The one hunt I would not do solo

Nice to see you still going and not making an excuse to sit on the sidelines!

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                          Gotcha, I figure flights are relatively safe now with so many less people flying but maybe travel is busier than I realized, or they’re running less flights. Either way, hope you stay healthy and have a great hunt.
                          I just flew into Alaska Wednesday. The plane was a little over 60% full and the airports were busy but not crazy congested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend and I were supposed to fly out tomorrow for a moose and caribou hunt but it has got partially derailed already. We took our covid test that is required to get in Alaska and wouldn’t you know he tested positive. We figured it might have been false since he has had no symptoms. He was going to retest today but now he lost his taste and smell. Still no other symptoms. I guess I’m flying solo now. I pray he doesn’t have a bad reaction and that I do not get it. I guess I have an excuse to go back next year with him.
                            Go for it and best of luck on your hunt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

if you tell your outfitter this story they may change their attitude about the hunt

Comment

Working...
                              X