Prescribed Burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prescribed Burn

My neighbor has been clearing the perimeter of his place in preparation of doing a prescribed burn. I got an email from him today that it is going down this
    Saturday, if conditions are right. I’m pretty sure I’m going to be walking around puckered up until it is over. If it gets away from them, it’s all over.

If it gets away from him, then send him a bill!

Comment

Winds predicted to be out of the SW at 8-11 Saturday with a low humidity of 35%. He could be in for a surprise if he doesn't know what he's doing. Hope you don't live on his Northern end.

Comment

Are you upwind or downwind? That will make the biggest difference...oh and humidity level.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by Browning2008 View Post
          Winds predicted to be out of the SW at 8 Saturday with a low humidity of 40%. He could be in for a surprise if he doesn't know what he's doing. Hope you don't live on his Northern end.
          Unfortunately, I am on his north end.

Comment

Looked it up for Brenham, even lower Humidity and higher winds than in Montgomery. Has he ever done this before? How much fuel? if he lights a back fire and lets it get deep into his property before he lights off the South end, you would potentially be okay. But, all fuels are getting very dry. Definitely not the time I would be attempting a "controlled burn", with 4 of the surrounding counties under a burn ban.

Comment

I wish we were doing a burn right now. Our place could use one.

Comment

There's not a burn ban for your area?

Comment

Looked it up for Brenham, even lower Humidity and higher winds than in Montgomery. Has he ever done this before? How much fuel? if he lights a back fire and lets it get deep into his property before he lights off the South end, you would potentially be okay. But, all fuels are getting very dry. Definitely not the time I would be attempting a "controlled burn"
                  This is at our place in Richland Springs. He is supposed to have professionals doing the burn. They have to have certain credentials or they cannot do it with a burn ban.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                    There's not a burn ban for your area?
                    There is but it does not apply if the fire people have certain credentials.

Comment

Typically to do a "summer Burn" you better have a red card fire boss running it that is bonded and insured.....

Comment

Bad time, bad idea with the heat and humidity. If I wasn’t told wrong on this subject, if it gets away and destroys someone else’s property, he’ll be potentially charged with arson. Not the kind of weather to take that chance in.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                          There is but it does not apply if the fire people have certain credentials.
                          Oh boy. Do you know how many acres?

Comment

Interesting. Is there a reason to do it now?

Are there companies you can hire to make sure everything is done right?

Comment

Oh boy. Do you know how many acres?
                              He told me he was going to do 150, but it does not look like that much to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X