Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Coyotes

Before this gets out of hand….
    I got no problem with hunting, trapping, running over, or clubbing over the head of the little SOB’s

But I like them. I like seeing them. I like hearing them. It makes me smile. They are a tough bunch.

That is all.

I like trying to call them with my FoxPro. Clever suckers. Monitor them on camera weekly and hear them all the time. I've only been able to call one in and of course I missed! Still enjoy hunting them.

Comment

Love/hate.
      Warier than a big boar. Really impressive senses.

But really decimated my fawns last spring
      I kill everyone I can.

Comment

Yeah I love hearing them in the evening but I really
        Like making them leak transmission fluid but around
        here they are smart suckers!

Comment

I'm with you OP. They'll sometimes kill rattlesnakes so the enemy of my enemy is my friend I guess? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            I'm with you OP. They'll sometimes kill rattlesnakes so the enemy of my enemy is my friend I guess? Lol

I like ‘em too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a huge predator fan myself. Coyote numbers in check is a good thing but out of control numbers is BIG trouble and their numbers seem to get out of control much easier than any other predator. And for that reason I kill every one that I see. Watching and hearing them rip a 1/2 grown deer apart, while the deer is still alive, ain't cool..

Comment

somthing else to hunt when your tagged out so yeah i like having them around to shoot at.

Comment

I like to hear them at night around the campfire, especially all the different sounds they can make and how they can make themselves sound like 10 when really they’re maybe 2.

Comment

They were cleverly named in the Cartoons...(Wile E Coyote)

Comment

A couple weeks ago I had one howling out my back door and pretty close so I grab my gun with the red light and go after him. Nowhere to be found so I go back in and sit down in my easy chair. 3 times he did that to me. Coyote 1 Me 0

Comment

Nothing like walking to or from the stand in the dark when they sound like they are all around you. It will make the hair on your neck raise up.

Comment

Always enjoyed them until our fawn numbers dropped to near zero. Now I still enjoy them, but enjoy hunting them even more.

Comment

Wasn't there some old Native American saying about when man is gone there will be a coyote to gnaw on his bones?

They are smart and easily adapt to their situation/surroundings

I have been reducing their numbers for 3 years on my place. Can't tell any difference
                            My grandad used to say about the squirrels getting his fruit trees that for every one he shot, 2 more showed up to take it's place.
                            Starting to think that might apply to coyotes as well

Comment

Can’t stand em. Respect the heck outta them but can’t stand them. Coyotes and raccoons are kill on sight.

Comment

Working...
                              X