Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy 1500 Transmission

I have 2014 Chevy 1500 5.3 4x2
    Approximately 130,000 miles and the transmission went out.

I’m seeing $2500-$4000+ for used on up to new replacement transmissions

Are the days of $1000 rebuilt transmissions a thing of the past?

I’m in Yoakum area but will drive a little ways if anyone knows of place I can get them cheaper or maybe someone has one they want to sell.

Thanks

WEH

It’s one of the reasons I will never purchase a Chevy pickup. We run over 200 Chevy pickup’s in our fleet and the 1/2 tons transmission will go out between 110k and 130k miles. It has happened multiple times. The cost to replace is 5k to 7k for a new one that is billed back to the fleet company. Good luck in finding a replacement cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
      I have 2014 Chevy 1500 5.3 4x2
      Approximately 130,000 miles and the transmission went out.

I’m seeing $2500-$4000+ for used on up to new replacement transmissions

Are the days of $1000 rebuilt transmissions a thing of the past?

I’m in Yoakum area but will drive a little ways if anyone knows of place I can get them cheaper or maybe someone has one they want to sell.

Thanks

WEH
      I don’t think yours is an 8 speed is it? I purchased a new 8 speed that crapped out last fall at 101 k and it was $5200 installed with a 100k mile warranty and upgraded torque converter.

Comment

Yup we have had a few do the same at same miles.

6-7k for rebuilt with 36k warranty is avg

Comment

Speak to Mike Botniac at "Mikes All Trans" in Houston next to Hobby Airport on Telephone Rd. 713-643-6234. He knows his sh#t and will not jerk you around. I cannot speak to what he charges for your rebuild. I don't own any chevy vehicles.
          Sam J.

Comment

Sold a buddy the year chevy truck and transmission went out about the same mileage. He had it rebuilt in Weatherford. Took them 3 tries to get it right but work out fine. Don't know how much it cost him.

Comment

thanks for the info!

Comment

This happened to my brother-in-laws truck. He has some contacts in the industry and they told him to change out the torque converter. He did and that was all it took. That was about 50,000 miles ago. He changed it out by himself in an afternoon.

-john

Comment

Just replaced my wife’s 2011 suburban about 6 months ago. We bought a rebuilt trans from the Chevy dealer and installed ourselves. It cost around 3500 for the trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a 2018 transmission go out at around 100k miles. Had it rebuilt in azle for 4500 with 12 month 100k warranty. Have put another 80k on it the last 14 months. Waiting for it to happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by EW89 View Post
                      Had a 2018 transmission go out at around 100k miles. Had it rebuilt in azle for 4500 with 12 month 100k warranty. Have put another 80k on it the last 14 months. Waiting for it to happen again.
                      I feel like I got a heck of a deal on purchasing a brand new transmission and torque converter installed for $5200 and that’s a 100k warranty to 100k!

Comment

My 18 transmission went out around 90k miles last year. Dealership offered a 100k Mile warranty around 4500 bucks but it was like a 2 month lead time. I couldn’t wait that long.

Had a transmission shop do it in San Antonio in 2 days for 4200 and a 36k mile warranty. If you do an internet search everyone has the same problem 80-100k miles right out of warranty. Fuel pump went out couple weeks ago. Good luck

Comment

We are having problems with ours and it’s a 2019 with 30k miles

Comment

Will a turbo 400 bolt up? They're durable, cheap, and no computer needed!

Comment

Cost me $3200 to rebuild it in Paris on a 2014 suburban. Torque converter went out and took the transmission out with it. 6 months warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X