Bluegrass festivals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluegrass festivals?

Anyone have a springtime festival they like? I’m looking to hit up some toe tapping ham-boning tunes this spring.

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
    Anyone have a springtime festival they like? I’m looking to hit up some toe tapping ham-boning tunes this spring.
    I like the one in Grapeland at Salmon Lake. They have one in the Spring and Fall.

Comment

Fiddlers Frolics
      Halletsville, Tx
      April 21-23, 2023
      A half-century of the best fiddle competitions including the Texas Station Championship. Plus a BBQ cook-off and concerts with the finest fiddle talent.

Comment

There used to be many bluegrass festivals in Texas but the clubs that promoted many of them have died out as their owners/management have aged. Doing a search I was surprised to see how the music has died in Texas. There are some events still happening around Houston but you really have to search for them. Try Bay Area Bluegrass Association. There are still quite a few around the US.

Salmon Lake was always good though I haven't been in years.

Old Settlers is in April. https://oldsettlersmusicfest.org/

Comment

Ricky Skaggs
          April 22, 2023
          5:30pm: Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder
          Luckenback Texas!!

I am making this one, missed it last year, but I will be there this time!!

Comment

4 Corners Music Festival in Pagosa Springs over Labor Day is a good time.

Comment

I've always wanted to go to a Bluegrass Festival and I love Ricky Skaggs. All three things are on the same weekend and I'm driving back from a NM turkey hunt that weekend so I will miss these BUT I signed up to be notified for the future events. Bluegrass music rocks!

Comment

I forgot about the Halletsville one. That’s the one I’ll hit up.

Comment

Bluegrass fan-boy here too... My son's name was Lester and it "flat" out came from Lester Flatt... We used to pick n grin almost every Fri/Sat night when I was growin' up... There was a monthly festival in Beautiful downtown Burke, Texas (between Lufkin n Dibol) that we went to for years "The Big-B Jamboree"... probably 2/3 of the performers did Bluegrass music in general...
                  I have enough Bluegrass Gospel on my phone to run for days and days listening and never hear the same song twice... Makes for a great drive (6 1/2 hours) to the deer lease, and on my way to church on Sunday mornings, I listen to channel 62 on SiriusXM. They have "The Gospel Train" on from 5-11 AM, 6 hours non-stop!!

Comment

From when my son played with the Lonestar Bluegrass Band out of Houston. He is not active with a band these days raising a family. His YouTube channel

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WatiDoNpenw"]Time Away From You - The Lonestar Bluegrass Band - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

WOW Bill, that's top notch!

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Working...
                      X